Interactive failing to schedule and phantom recording events

Started by Nicksta, April 15, 2009, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicksta

Hi all,

After calling support and getting no outcome of significance, I thought I would post here as a last ditch attempt before ditching interactive all together.

For around six months I have periodically got the 'yellow warning sign' on certain programs that indicates that Interactive failed to schedule a recording in my XP MCE2005. I called support a few weeks ago and was told that my problem was because I had set a show to record 'first runs' only and it was infact a repeat. Since then I have proven this is not the case. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to it, for example some shows will fail to schedule on ABC HDTV whilst other shows sucessfully schedule and record. ]

My guide is getting all the data Ice is sending and is displaying for all my melbourne selected channels.

The only way to fix this is by visiting interactive every day to check which shows have failed and then by pressing the 'reschedule' button, this as you can imagine is not a very good fix. This problem has within the last month become more common. An example was for 'The cook and the Chef'. I visited Interactive yesterday and it had failed to schedule, so after a unfruitful call to tech support I pressed reschedule and this appeared to resolve the issue. I just logged in before and this show has once again failed to schedule.

The other problem I have been getting since around a month ago which seems closely tied in with the above issue is that I am getting once off recording events in interactive that I never asked for either via Interactive direct or via the guide in MCE. These shows appear and sometimes record other times mostly they fail to schedule and show up as a yellow sign again in interactive. Some examples of this are when I recorded 'The Muppets' on SBS one week without request. Today, Interactive seemed to be planning on recording 'The News' on ABC and some travel Oz show on ABC until I visited interactive and manually deleted these one time events I never set.

Is anyone else getting this strange events? I am getting pressure from the wife to ditch interactive but am loathe to do so, not only for the time it will take me to setup all my series events again within MCE but also because scheduling shows is quicker via interactive and I can do it from any browser when I have a spare moment.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

martymonster

I have had some phantom recordings (about 3 in a 1 week period) myself over the past few months.
BeyonWiz S1 and Vista Media Center

byronl

Me too, contacting support now as all our shows are saying they have failed when they haven't and the stupid interactive makes it very painful to reschedule.

B

so_bored8008

me too! Phantom recordings. Usually occurring late at night, around 11pm, random channels, tend to get David Letterman a lot.

csutak40

Quote from: so_bored8008 on October 20, 2009, 12:29:48 AM
me too! Phantom recordings. Usually occurring late at night, around 11pm, random channels, tend to get David Letterman a lot.

Me three!  Also late at night - early morning.  I actually phoned Ice about it, they said they have no way of checking after the event, I should phone the next time I see one, while it is still scheduled. They also said that they have never heard of this happening before  :D  Naturally, it hasn't happened since  ;D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

it is probably a keyword recording for a show that got rescheduled. It seems ice are natorious for not cleaning up scheduled/transferred timers once they do this. Do you have RSS feeds setup? If you do, you end up with a nice history of recs and faves to go back and look up (well, using outlook to gather the feed you certainly do).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

so_bored8008

vista interactive

I have a couple that appeared fresh today:
Sunday, October 25 11:00pm [Scheduled to record] MOVIE: National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation (1997) GO!
Sunday, October 25 11:15pm [Scheduled to record] Motor Sport: MotoGP  ‘2009 Round 16 - Malaysia (Sunday Main Race)’ Ten

EVIDENCE!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: so_bored8008 on October 21, 2009, 09:26:45 AM
vista interactive

I have a couple that appeared fresh today:
Sunday, October 25 11:00pm [Scheduled to record] MOVIE: National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation (1997) GO!
Sunday, October 25 11:15pm [Scheduled to record] Motor Sport: MotoGP  ‘2009 Round 16 - Malaysia (Sunday Main Race)’ Ten

EVIDENCE!

Not really, looking at your account it appears that these were created locally on the Media Center machine itself, I would recommend checking under the Series tab on the Media Center to see if there is anything in there. I have also enabled additional logging on your account so we can get more information if this happens again, just let us know and we can check the log files.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

so_bored8008

I checked and i had 2 things in there, UFC and Celebrity master chef, i deleted them all..... I wonder if that'll fix it...

Geoffc

I seem to have had the same issues as the OP.
- using Interactive with Vista MCE.

One way to possibly confirm that it is Interactive - Does Interactive set up padding for recordings that are done through MCE directly?