Mapping EPG Data - Tasmania (Hobart)

Started by richo, April 14, 2009, 08:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richo

I hope I'm doing the right thing by posting a new topic instead of using the sticky thread at the top.  Anyway, I'm just setting up Ice Guide and there's quite a few mappings missing.

(Guide Region is Tasmania, in case that wasn't clear from the topic title!)

Original Channel Name --> Mapped Channel Name
TDT - SD --> Tasmanian Digital Television-IceTV
SCTV Hobart --> Southern Cross Television-IceTV
WIN TELEVISION --> WIN-IceTV
TDT - HD --> **IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST**
SCTV - HD --> ** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **

Luckily, for those last two, there's bugger all content on them so it's not a major stress, but I thought you'd rather know.

(Windows Build 7077)

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

It's fine that you posted a new topic -- preferable actually.

As for the scanned channel names, are those the exact names as they appear in your Media Center?  For example, "TDT - SD", with that exact spacing also?  If so, we can update our channel names to match what Media Center is seeing.  That should cause them to be mapped automatically for other users in the future.

As for the ones you're missing, I'm afraid I don't know exactly why you're not seeing the IceTV equivalents.  This is a problem we saw with the first build also, and I'd hoped that it was a bug in Win7 that would be fixed in later builds.  They should be showing up with the following listing names:

Southern Cross Television HD-IceTV
Tasmanian Digital Television HD-IceTV

Sorry I don't have a solution for you on that one right now.  Maybe someone else in Tasmania can comment on what they're seeing?

Russell

richo

Hi Russell,

When I first posted I made sure that I got it absolutely right - spaces and all - as I thought that might be useful!!

Another issue that's arisen: it seems that the Southern Cross and WIN listings are the OTA EPG listings instead of IceTV listings.  They still have the "-IceTV" suffix when I go to Edit Channel and I've run the IceTV script manually (it's set up to run at 2.30 every day) and that seems to work with no errors... so I'm not sure why it's not showing up properly in the guide.

Cheers,
richo

Eaglehawk

I just posted a similiar issue in my Antiques Roadshow thread, except I have OTA listings mixed in with IceTV listings. I have only checked WIN listings (ACT), I haven't checked SC10 yet.

Is this because 7MC fills in gaps with OTA listings?

ozzarx626

Hi. I am also from Hobart, Tasmania but I am running Windows7 RC1 build 7100. When I was setting up Ice Guide there were quite a few mappings missing and most that did appear I had to map manually...

Original Channel Name --> Mapped Channel Name
WIN HD --> WIN HD-IceTV
WIN TELEVISION --> WIN-IceTV
ABC_HDTV --> ** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **
ABC1  --> ABC1-IceTV
ABC1 --> Media Centre picked up two channel ABC1's for some reason?!
ABC2 --> ABC2-IceTV
ABC3 --> ** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **
SCTV Hobart --> ** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **
SCTV - HD --> Southern Cross Television HD-IceTV
SCTV --> Southern Cross Television-IceTV
TDT - SD --> Tasmanian Digital Television-IceTV
TDT - HD -->** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **
SBS --> SBS_IceTV
SBS HD --> SBS HD-IceTV
SBS 2 --> SBS 2-IceTV
SBS 3 --> ** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **
SBS 4 --> ** IceTV Listing DOES NOT EXIST **

Hopefeully the above can be rectified in a patch before the office retail release of Windows 7!

Oh yeah, channel Southern Cross Television HD-IceTV has "no data available" listed in the guide in every time slot and WIN HD-IceTV more often than not also has "no data available" or  "N/A Channel Nine"

tonymy01

Normal not to have listings for the "placeholder" channels that the broadcasters have.   ABCHD is different, you may notice if you look carefully there is one or two shows a week only in HD that ABC broadcast.   If you don't like the empty slots in the guide,  you can go into your account preferences and choose to copy the SD->HD for empty slots.
Set up a favourites group and the Toppy EPG will only show the channels in the faves group for the EPG and channel surfing will also be in the order of your favourites.   Then you won't have to see all the blanks for the "non-sense" channels.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

tascaver

I installed Win 7 RC a few days ago, and I'm working on getting WMC running. I'm getting my signal from Mt Wellington, Hobart. I've been following the instructions on the "Read this first" of 24 Feb & checked the "EPG3" business. It's quite straightforward, even if the implementation is a bit tedious.
I've had to remap the following:

5   TDT - SD                     -> Tasmanian Digital Television-IceTV
6   SCTV Hobart                 -> Southern Cross Television-IceTV
8   WIN TELEVISION            -> WIN-IceTV
50  ONE HD Tasmania          -> ONE HD-IceTV
66  SCTV                          -> Southern Cross Television-IceTV

(I'd prefer the EPG display to show "TDT" & "SCTV" rather than the full wording.)

I couldn't work out what to do with
33  SBS 3
34  SBS 4
60  SCTV - HD

I hope I've done this correctly! Anyway it would help if these could be fixed for future users once we're out of Beta. (I've tried to type channel names correctly, using spaces etc.)
The problem seems to be that, although this was raised months ago, the Beta still hasn't been modified.

Cheers!

tonymy01

There is nothing on SBS3 or SBS4 yet, so not much point in attempting to map them to nothing.   Ok, they have pointers in the LCNs that point back to SBS1, so maybe you could do some hokey pokey to get normal SBS data into them, but why bother, it will likely cause you more grief with understanding duplicate timer issues on two channels and the like, just move those channels out of your favourites (if that MC supports this feature of course).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

tascaver

When I looked a moment ago using my TV's tuner), SBS3 & SBS4 were broadcasting the same program as SBS1.

OzRob

Quote from: tascaver on August 21, 2009, 04:28:39 PM
When I looked a moment ago using my TV's tuner), SBS3 & SBS4 were broadcasting the same program as SBS1.

That's correct. They are just spare channels at the moment. Disable them in Media Center. You don't need them.