Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 09/07/2009

Started by Russell at IceTV, July 09, 2009, 10:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: hamping on July 30, 2009, 10:12:40 PM
Russell, the images make for a really vibrant guide in Win7 and it is a great selling point for this kind of media centre. So I think it is well worth looking at. Channel logos are not so important because they can be added by individuals if they like. I agree that series numbers would also be really worthwhile.

The other thing was the ability for Win 7 to use its own abilities to import AMG data for movies.  There is something in Big Screen that puts the move information into a format that will cause the AMG data to be automatically imported.
regards

Ok, thanks for the input on what you'd like to see.  We'll keep working on it and see what we can add in the future.

Thanks,
Russell

Tenoq

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on July 31, 2009, 11:21:53 AM
Quote from: McBanjo on July 30, 2009, 04:08:43 PM
I'm confused. You can't set things to record in Windows 7 with the iPhone app can you? This is the feature I'd request more than anything in the world. It's so handy and extremely useful when you're out, see something on a TV and want to record it.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking about.

No, I'm afraid the Interactive client program for Windows 7 isn't available yet, and I don't have an ETA for it right now.  When it is, you'll be able to remotely schedule Windows 7 like the other PVRs we have client programs for, via the web sites and the iPhone app.

Russell

+1. 

My subscription just expired, so I think I'll hold out until the Interactive features come online for Windows 7.  I'll be running the RTM from the weekend when it's released to TechNet, but I think I'll just use inband data or a freebie XML guide until IceTV can finish the Interactive features.  Doesn't really make the subscription worthwhile without it, IMO. 

walksm8

I'm having troubles with my setup. Despite trying to go through the manual setup, I still don't see any -Ice TV listings?

I'm in brisbane and have the following listings

ONE HD
ONE Digital
Ten Digital
ABC1
ABC2
ABC HDTV
SBS ONE
SBS TWO
SBS HD
7 HD Digital
7 Digital
Nine Digital
Nine High Definition
GO!

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: walksm8 on August 18, 2009, 10:37:40 PM
I'm having troubles with my setup. Despite trying to go through the manual setup, I still don't see any -Ice TV listings?

Hi,

Ok, after you double-click the file "load_icetv_epg.bat", it should say, "Downloading guide data from IceTV..." and then "Loading guide data into Media Center...".  You should then see it load to 100%, and then the window will close.

If all that looks ok, then you can check the Media Center log file to see if it reported any errors.  To do that, go to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\logs", select "Details" from the View menu (or click the down-arrow button near the top right, if you don't see a View menu), then click the Date Modified header to make the most recent files be sorted at the top, and look for the most recent file that begins with "mcstore".  You should see the current date and time in the filename as well.  Double-click that log file and it should open in Notepad.

If the guide data loaded ok, you should see a line like this, about 20 or so lines down from the top:

loadmxf.2692 Information: 0 : MxfImporter: Loading took 00:00:03.0156250 (6161 objects at 2043.02590673575 objects/sec)

If there was an error, you'll see several lines containing "Error: -1", like this:

loadmxf.1648 Error: -1 : Exception encountered

Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Russell

walksm8

Nevermind I found my problem :P Realised my windows 7 install is on a different partition, not c:!

Cheers