TV service list prob chan 21 & 22

Started by wiltoppy, April 07, 2009, 08:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiltoppy

Hi all, hope somebody has simple answer to why Chan 21 shows as ABC2 & Chan 22 shows as ABC1. Machine is a 5000PVRt.
Have done the service search, turn off with remote, service search again, but no change. This shows up in the favorites list as well.
Ice guide loads OK, but when selecting guide for Chan 21 I get the Chan 22 programs & visa versa.
I also have 7100 which loads Ice guide wireless with no problems. Hoping not to do a full factory reset in case I loose stored shows.
Thanks for any help offered.

tonymy01

The Topfield and dtvforums probably explain this.   ABC made changes yonks ago.   Unfortunately simply rescanning doesn't pick up that the LCNs have been mapped to the opposite video streams now, so you need to actually delete the LCN 21 and 22 entries from the Toppy list (hit ok while watching TV and follow the on screen prompts to delete).   Then do a partial scan of ABC (VHF12 in the main areas, although you could be on a UHF repeater depending on where you are).   You do this from the installation menu.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

wiltoppy

Tks for the quick post tonymy01. All good now. Guess I should keep more up to date with the forums about changes.
Glad we have a great forum that can help.
Cheers.

tonymy01

I think ABC had the scrolling ticker line thingy across the screen for a few weeks saying about the changes, like SBS recently did also (did you delete your SBS channels when you rescanned, if you didn't you will probably find that they are jumbled up a bit too, world news has gone now and it is called sbs digital 2 or something like that, and you will find if you didn't delete you will end up with two SBS HD channels, not that the Toppy 5K can decode/play those anyway).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).