Discount offer

Started by hobo22, April 02, 2009, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobo22

Does the $49 a year discount offer add on to the end of the current subscription period?

kidhazy

Typically that's the way most of the ICE TV offers work.   Whenever you buy another 3,6, 12 month (etc) subscriptions it adds on to your existing subscription.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

bodogbodog

What $49 a year offer? - is that an open offer or specific to one subscriber?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

kidhazy

I think it's a directed offer at existing ICE TV subscribers who have a Topfield 7100.  We received a directed email with a specific link to purchase the discounted 1 year subscription for our accounts.

It's to celebrate Topfield releasing a firmware that is supposed to fix all the Topfield/ICETV issues  :-\
Thanks,
kidhazy.

bodogbodog

Thanks for the clarification
Hope your problems are over with this fix  ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

grahford

When did the email go out?  I didn't get one and I'm a 7100 owner. </whine> :)

*edit.  Ohhhhhh, I didn't have the 'receive special offers' box checked on my account page :)  My bad.

Matt at IceTV

Hi Guys,

Quote from: hobo22 on April 02, 2009, 04:37:01 PM
Does the $49 a year discount offer add on to the end of the current subscription period?

Quote from: kidhazy on April 02, 2009, 06:31:52 PM
Typically that's the way most of the ICE TV offers work.   Whenever you buy another 3,6, 12 month (etc) subscriptions it adds on to your existing subscription.

This is correct. If you have an existing (paid) IceTV subscription then any subscription you purchase will be automatically added to the end of your current subscription.

If you are on a free trial however, then the initial subscription you purchase will take affect and be added from that day onwards.

So if you received any promotional offer and want take advantage of it... then make sure you go for it while the offer is available.

Cheers,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

leethal

Just wondering if there are any discounts coming up.  I've been trying the guide for a couple of weeks, and bar a couple of issues with shows not recording from interactive, I'm pretty happy with it - but a discounted price would be good if there's one in the pipeline?

prl

Quote from: Matt at IceTV on April 03, 2009, 11:59:16 AM
If you are on a free trial however, then the initial subscription you purchase will take affect and be added from that day onwards.

Sigh. That'd be "take effect".

"Effect" means "cause". "Take effect" means "start".

"Affect" means "change" (or "simulate", but not in this kind of context, of course). "Take affect" means, er, um, I just have no idea.

Is this so hard?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing