And on the 8th day ....

Started by harbaskin, February 15, 2006, 03:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harbaskin

Hi IceTv HQ,

Reading through your guides and forums, I notice that the focus seems to be on 7 days of EPG data.
Can I suggest that 8 days would be better.

If I am watching a show on say Monday and I quite like it and I want to use the Topfield (or other) guide to program a weekly schedule of that program, I am currently unable to as the 7 days runs out on midnight Sunday.
This means going in and doing it manually or trying to remember to do it the following night.

Just having the extra day will make scheduling much easier....
Any chance ?

Thanks

Tax_Invoice

I'd quite like to see 14 days (just quietly).

I've had a couple of scenarios recently where I've been going away for 8-10 days which means I can't program my ICEguide to record ahead...

kidhazy

I'd also like to add a vote for a 8 day EPG.

This was one of the facts that kept me hanging on to scrapping EPG info from NineMSN for so long, where 8 days was available.

I've finally converted over to ICE, but now, like harbaskin, I can't preprogram weekly shows for next week on the same day.  (eg Monday night I can't view the EPG for next Monday night)

What's the chance of getting this ICE?

Thanks,
kidhazy.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

blip

I'll add anaoter vote for 8 days.

pvogel

Totally agree that 8 days would be nice to have. It's a matter of resources. As you probably know, we write the guide (for 7,9,10) ourselves and for this we employ 5 people which costs a lot!

I'll make a deal: everyone sign up lots of friends and when we get to breakeven we'll have 8
days at least ;-)

Peter Vogel
IceTV

kidhazy

Quote from: pvogel on July 03, 2006, 12:07:47 PM
I'll make a deal: everyone sign up lots of friends and when we get to breakeven we'll have 8
days at least ;-)

Yeah fair enough Peter.  I tried to give you some more of my money with the IPO, but unfortunately I got the refund cheque today.  ;)  Maybe bribes in plain, brown paper envelopes will work  ;D
Thanks,
kidhazy.

mtb

An alternative (if you have a Topfield) would be to get TED/S-ICE and run that with the Ice data.  In theory you could go away for a month or more and still get all the programmes you want, if you have the storage capacity.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

kidhazy

Quote from: mtb on July 03, 2006, 02:46:35 PM
...would be to get TED/S-ICE and run that with the Ice data. ...
Yep, that's the next option.  I'd previously just been running TED - I've now paid up for TEDS so I'll be using that for the regular, repeat programming.  But I still like to be able to do a review and program of next week if I need to without going to the PC.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

Marc

Quote from: Tax_Invoice on April 12, 2006, 02:48:55 PM
I'd quite like to see 14 days (just quietly).

I've had a couple of scenarios recently where I've been going away for 8-10 days which means I can't program my ICEguide to record ahead...
It'd be great to have an 8 or 14 day guide, but how about using PIMP to schedule from your mobile phone? Won't be long before that's possible for all subscribers.

nickels

Actually you can get 8 days: but they're incomplete - ABC, ABC2 and SBS come to the party but the commercials do not.

I use the JustEPG tap for the Topfield and this now allows viewing 8 days when available. (Eg I was able to see what followed on from 'Rocket Man' on the ABC the following week (Dr Who - as if I didn't know that already!!!)

NICK