Made a weekly timer entry. Doesn't show up in subsequent week's guides?

Started by broaddd, March 29, 2009, 10:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broaddd

Hi folks,

I got a 5010 last week and transferred the IceTV guide and all was well - could see the 7-day guide. I used to the guide to schedule a recording of 'No Heroics' on ABC2 (Friday 9.30pm), and marked it to record 'every week'.

This week, I have transferred the new IceTV guide, but if I go to Friday's entry, there is no 'R' recording mark against the entry for 'No Heroics'. If try to schedule it to record, however, it tells me I already have a recording set.

So my question is: should I expect weekly recordings to be marked in the Guide?

Cheers,
B

broaddd

Do the 27 people who have looked at this all have the same experience? or different :)

tonymy01

It is a Topfield 5K thing.   I think it is due to the EPG not starting at the exact same minute as the last time, and perhaps the eventID being different (not sure on that, there used to be memory above the timers on the 5K by doing a memory dump that would indicate where the R icons where stored, but last time I checked, it wasn't there.)   The API to set timers certainly doesn't let you access the R/Rt icon info.  So as you have learnt, you either need to use a third party EPG which works off the start time, duration and channel to determine what blobs to light up, or attempt to create a timer and get told one already exists for that interval.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

tonymy01

Peter will push his "JustEPG" but I use a few different ones (Jimsguide/MultiviewEPG, PlasmaEPG) when I could be bothered (JustEPG is a serious memory hog bug does what it says on the box, which is lots these days).. I actually tend to stick with the "MultiServiceDefaultEPG" tap that sends the red key when you go to the EPG, and this will leave you in 4 channel horizontal mode.   Combined with the memory patch that stops the Toppy changing channels while you are trying to look at other channels in the guide, and this is good enough for me.   But, like you, I often don't see red dots on shows set to record, as they are all pre & post padded with the keyword prog I use to record about 80 of my favourite keywords, "perlTGD", and uploaded using EPG_uploader (which does the memory patch actually to stop the channels changing when you are looking at the guide).
Actually, now I tend to use the 5K once or twice a week only now (mainly to delete all the shows that my Beyonwiz has recorded already), so I am less fussed about the EPG layout really.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).