Main Menu

DST offset

Started by GeorgeC, March 29, 2009, 08:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeC

I notice that the ICE EPG data (showing in TEDs) from today has been offset allowing for the cessation DST. Daylight saving does end start until Sunday, April 5. Am I missing something?

George
Tasmania

tonymy01

I use ICE XML for my 5K too and the data is fine for this week.   Are you sure you have updated your PC properly, as TED/S uses your PC GMT offset to add to the ICE XML (which is in GMT) to get the data into local time?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

GeorgeC

Tony,
Coincidentally, my PC did adjust for the cessation of DST overnight. However, I did notice the problem yesterday. I have adjusted my PC to the correct time and reran TED+ but still the EPG time has shows (news etc) starting an hour early? From what you say then it is not an ICE issue but a TED/PC etc? I should post on the Toppy forum I guess?
Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
George

mstolly

I've got exactly the same problem with my MCE2005.

I tried resetting the time manually on the pc and reloading the guide data - still out by an hour though.

Any ideas anyone?

mstolly

Ah, have just realised that if it is using the GMT offset, I should just leave my PC clock as the incorrectly adjusted standard time and then the guide will need to be one hour forward.  All should then record at the right time and the clock will catch up when daylight savings actually ends.

My problem is possibly being driven by my PC not properly syncronising with internet time at the moment (even when I ask it to do so manually) - now just have to figure out why that is...

blip

Quote from: mstolly on March 29, 2009, 12:36:37 PM
Any ideas anyone?
Apply the latest daylight savings patches from Microsoft to your PC.

tonymy01

Quote from: GeorgeC on March 29, 2009, 10:26:55 AM
Coincidentally, my PC did adjust for the cessation of DST overnight. However, I did notice the problem yesterday. I have adjusted my PC to the correct time and reran TED+ but still the EPG time has shows (news etc) starting an hour early? From what you say then it is not an ICE issue but a TED/PC etc? I should post on the Toppy forum I guess?
No, you should be posting on a PC forum for how to update your windows to correctly support the new timezone/DST rules.   TED/S uses your PC GMT offset, not your PC clock.   Manually adjusting your clock will not alter this offset.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

GeorgeC

Thanks Tony and blip. I applied the patch which I found here http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_hu1 and all is now well.
Don't know what we'd do without these forums.

Cheers,
George

mstolly

Hmmm, ran that link and no luck.  One of my three PC's thinks that daylight saving ended this weekend.  Also tried running a Microsoft "cumulative Dec 2008" patch for DST issues (KB 955839), but wouldn't let me because it said the patch was already installed (probably the one above).

My time zone is definitely set to Sydney and I have rebooted a couple of times and sychronised the time with the Windows website, but it still thinks daylight saving has finished.  Unless anyone has any great ideas, I think I will just leave it for a week until the rest of NSW catches up with my errant PC! - all the Guide times are an hour early too, so I shouldn't miss any shows.

charlotte

Well, I've got the opposite problem.  My pc knows that ds has finished in Perth and I changed my Beyonwiz so it's on the correct (non DS time) time.  Now all the data is being sent an hour late to the Beyonwiz ie it thinks that ds is still going  in Perth, which it isn't.  So if is a show is to record at 7 pm, it says 8 pm and records it then.  But, all the guide times are correct.  So it's only the data being sent from the pc that is incorrect.  Maybe I need to send all the date again?

tonymy01

Yes, of course all your timers would have already been set for the wrong time (as ICE GMT + wrong offset = wrong start time).  Last transition I deleted them all and tried to go into my account settings and resend, but it didn't work as the act of deleting them all told ICE "nup, don't want to record this for this week", so going into the account settings and resending didn't want to send any for the ones that I had deleted.   Is there a delete all option, do that and a resend and it should work fine.   I was deleting them individually was the issue.
Regards
Tony

Neon Kitten

Quote from: GeorgeC on March 29, 2009, 03:14:57 PM
Thanks Tony and blip. I applied the patch which I found here http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_hu1 and all is now well.
Don't know what we'd do without these forums.

Regularly use Windows Update, maybe?

If you don't - and it sounds like you don't - then you really, really should before April 1st. A potentially nasty worm/virus is ready to trigger.

mstolly

Weird, I have always had MS Update switched on and the daylight saving patch was automatically installed last December - however, my PC still got confused this week.  I have ended up having to uninstall and re-install that patch and my PC now has the correct time.

I then got charlotte's problem of all scheduled recordings for the rest of this week being an hour ahead of correct time.  I have just deleted and rescheduled these series and all looks fine now.

My inability to synch with internet time appears to be unrelated.  I fixed that separately though.