At The Movies - ABC Sun Night is Repeat of Wed

Started by BigMick, March 26, 2009, 10:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMick

Hi Guys,

Can you please update the guide to mark the sunday night running of At The Movies as a repeat. The first airing is on Wednesday night. In both cases I'm talking about ABC1 here - I believe there are further repeats on ABC2 as weel.

Thanks
Mick

Tracey IceGuide

Hi Mick,

I've just checked this morning and ABC1 At The Movies is currently marked as a repeat.

Perhaps it was updated last night by one of our other staff members. 

Please let Technical Support know if it continues to show up a 'non-repeat'

Thanks
Tracey

BigMick

Okay, sorry if that's the case - I'll keep an eye on it!

Thanks for the quick response

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi BigMick,

Just out of curiosity what recorder are you using?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

BigMick

Hi Daniel, I'm using Sage TV. It's interesting I had a bit of a look tonight, in the guide XML it looks like this:

<programme start="20090328090000 +0000" stop="20090328093000 +0000" channel="62">
<title lang="en">At the Movies</title>
<desc lang="en">Film critic luminaries Margaret Pomeranz and David Stratton plunge into the world of cinema afresh. </desc>
<category lang="en">Entertainment</category>
<episode-num system="icetv">1550-0</episode-num>
<previously-shown start="20080213"/>
<subtitles type="teletext"/>
</programme>

<programme start="20090329070000 +0000" stop="20090329073000 +0000" channel="61">
<desc lang="en">Film critic luminaries Margaret Pomeranz and David Stratton plunge into the world of cinema afresh. </desc>
<previously-shown start="20080213"/>
</programme>

<programme start="20090401110000 +0000" stop="20090401113000 +0000" channel="61">
</programme>

I can see the "previously shown" tags there on the correct entries - all seems to be well, but it's still showing as "First Run" in Sage. Other shows like Parkinson correctly show as repeats. The only thing I can think of is that the episode number doesn't seem to be changing on At The Movies?? Could this be the problem?

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Tracey IceGuide on March 27, 2009, 08:29:58 AM
I've just checked this morning and ABC1 At The Movies is currently marked as a repeat.

The Sunday repeat of At The Movies has always been marked as a repeat for me (i.e. Interactive has never set a recording for it, only the first run during the week).

BigMick

Yeah, I think various software is more or less tolerant to different quirks in the guide data, depending on the assumptions it makes. I suspect Sage is taking issue with the dup episode number, but I'm yet to prove this - will do some testing when I get a chance. In some respects though I'd expect it to show all shows as repeats if that was the case...