Main Menu

One HD Guide

Started by crippstor, March 26, 2009, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crippstor

Just wondering if the guide for the new One channel will be updated shortly. Currently there are a number of TBA's as well as some glaring differences between the Ten website guide and Ice, especially with regards to the NCAA games.

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. IceTV cannot and do not refer to the source you mentioned nor any other guide to ascertain the new line-up for ONE-HD .... unfortunately. We are legally bound to disover their program line-up through other means and research after which we can more easily employ our predictive processes. We're confident this won't be long. Whilst programs might or might not be in the wrong times on IceGuide right now, a series record will still be effective until such time as we can eradicate all the TBA's.

We do undrerstand your concern about all this but we're sure there will be no problems in a short amount of time. Thanks.

crippstor

Whilst I understand the TBA's at this early stage, would it be possible to have them broken up into smaller blocks. Rather than having, for example 1.30am - 7.00pm as TBA. If they were broken up into 1hr blocks that way at least I could remote record the timeslots I want and not have to record a whole day just to get what may be a 2 hour show.

AdamN

I agree. The times are way off and my series recording of the NCAA produces swimming and paint balling amongst other things. It would be easier if the blocks were smaller. It would save me having to set up a manual time record over and over.

htial

Quote from: crippstor on March 31, 2009, 09:45:54 AM
Whilst I understand the TBA's at this early stage, would it be possible to have them broken up into smaller blocks. Rather than having, for example 1.30am - 7.00pm as TBA. If they were broken up into 1hr blocks that way at least I could remote record the timeslots I want and not have to record a whole day just to get what may be a 2 hour show.

+2...

Breaking up the TBA into hourly slots wouldn't break any legally bound restrictions I would have thought...

mscheurer

Might be worth your while to see if you can switch the channel to use the DVB guide. Plenty of program info there...

I know, defeats the purpose of ice, but it's better than nothing until ice gets the data from wherever they get it from.

milhouseaus

Quote from: mscheurer on April 03, 2009, 08:48:36 AM
Might be worth your while to see if you can switch the channel to use the DVB guide. Plenty of program info there...
I know, defeats the purpose of ice, but it's better than nothing until ice gets the data from wherever they get it from.

Be good if you had the option of changing the guide source for individual channels and then apply keyword recording to any over the air guides you are using. I can't see "predictive processes" working very well at all in One's case.

me

I am very upset that this issue is continuing.
"To be advised" in the guide is just unacceptable.  >:(