IceTV Interactive not working with a standard user account on Vista Ultimate?

Started by spaceman, March 16, 2009, 10:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceman

Hi All,

It *appears* (i.e. this is my most educated guess so far) that IceTV Interactive isn't working for me when logged into my HTPC as the standard (default) user. It *does* work when I'm logged in as the admin user. But "isn't working" I mean that I can set a tv program to record user my mobile phone, but this information, whilst it shows as selected to record if I login to the icetv website, isn't getting through to my Vista Ultimate HTPC at all.

fyi: I have UAC (user access control) disabled.

Looking at the event log in the IceTV Interactive dialog box is see repeat warning and error messages:

Type: Warning
Description: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object......... (it goes on and on)

Type: Error
Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Assuming my guess is correct, i.e. that a standard user account is the problem, it would be a pity if the solution is that I *have* to be logged in via an admin account for icetv interactive to work. By default my HTPC boots right up from a restart into Vista Media Center using the standard user account. This is so that my kids can't muck with things!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in anticipation.