Remote Recording not working

Started by tim_s, March 15, 2009, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

I just thought I'd offer this dialogue from the itopfield forum where a user had a problem setting timers using the iphone application and rectified it. This will only help Topfield 7100 owners btw
I reposted here as some users seem to still have problems accessing the forum from links.

A program it had recorded vanished from the list about 10 minutes after the recording finished. I'd checked it was done and there but when I went back to watch it a little later nothing showed ...
3) IceTV vanished for a while but then came back by itself - I guess related to what's posted elsewhere.

Argh it's just done it again - recorded a program and then deleted it as soon as it finishes, what's up with that ?

I read in another thread that having 'Show Recommended Programs' checked in my iceTV Preferences can impact but it's not checked and never has been. I'm not sure if this is related to the iPhone application in some way as all other types of programming seems to work OK i.e. setting it up via the Timer menu or selecting it in the program guide (R) works OK.

My suggestion to the user was this
I think a Factory reset and HDD format might be in order

I've already done 2 factory resets with no effect, how would reformatting the hard drive have any impact on recording settings ?

My response
You stated that a program that was recorded simply vanished into thin air?
The pvr writes your timer recordings to the HDD right?

Hence my suggestion to do a HDD format.

OK I've done a re-format of the internal drive and a cold reboot and factory reset and started over with all my Preferences etc.

I'm going to do exactly the same thing again namely select 'Series Record' of House on the iPhone app and watch what it does on the 7100 when the time comes. As I mentioned, all other types of timer recording work fine it's just that specific method that appears to produce this odd result. Luckily I can buy the programmes for $2.99 on iTunes and watch what I missed ...

March 20 2009
Update: The reformat seems to have worked, it recorded the programme last night and didn't remove it right after.

marcusstringer

That may work for TopFields, but in all honesty there is no way I'm going to reformat my Hard drive...

The issue we are facing is that its just not getting through to record in the first place
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

Vortical

I did state that it will only help Topfield 7100 owners