Remote Recording not working

Started by tim_s, March 15, 2009, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim_s

I'm using a Topfield 7100HDPVRt.  Everything is working fine except for remote recording.  The device is connected to the internet, I can "see" the device from my PC in order to FTP from the hard drive, and the Ice EPG is being updated regularly and correctly. 

I can set a program to record in the website, but nothing happens on the 7100.  I have tried with times between 2 hours and one day ahead, but no luck.  I have the latest firmware installed.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Tim

marcusstringer

I don't think it's you as I had the exact same problem Friday.

I'm using Vista MCE and everything is operating normally.
I used my iPhone and the IceTV app to remote record.

I remote recorded Neighbors and Biggest Loser (for the wife, I promise).
I got home from Sound Relief sat night and checked the recordings...Nothing there.
My wife was not happy Jan...

Please explain as this is not the first time...

Well i've just done the same thing on the same shows...I see if it's worked when I get home
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

MichaelWRX

Did it ever work? If you have changed the channel names on your device from those provided by Ice then it breaks the process. You need to maintain the same channel names on your device as provided by the Ice guide.

tim_s

Yes it used to work.  I don't change things like channel names, I don't even know how.

It doesn't work on any channel.

However, I will try re-scanning all the channels and see if it helps.

Cheers

Tim

Fester

Mine is the same, it USED to work until about a week ago. The guide is now often screwed up and remote record is unreliable. I have gone back to manual timers or using the FTA guide for recording.

marcusstringer

Quote from: marcusstringer on March 15, 2009, 07:16:45 PM

Well i've just done the same thing on the same shows...I see if it's worked when I get home

No it did not work... I checked through website and it looks as if the iPhone app scheduled them correctly. But the Step from the website to the MCE has not worked.
I even manually updated the guide info in the hope that it would pick up the recoding changes alas, it did not.
Marcus

tim_s

Is this an Ice problem or a Topfield problem?  How would we find out?

Fester

Out of three remote records tonight, only one did record, two failed! This is a PAID subscription service, I really expect it to work! So far support have suggested a factory reset and re-enter the settings. This I have done three times, I am not going to do it again! It DID work fine for about two weeks, now it doesn't. How can it be a Topfield problem if it DID work previously? I am not real happy!

melmac

I've been having problems too on Vista with interactive missed Crinimal minds last night was unhappy so decided to clear cache and rescan and setup the guide which I did. I have now sent a remote record I will do another one later today and see if they work when I get home I suspect they won't
It all used to work perfectly but then ten went and changed their stations ice changed their settings I rescanned as advised by ice and have had nothing but proplems ever since  :'(

marcusstringer

Quote from: tim_s on March 17, 2009, 08:11:50 PM
Is this an Ice problem or a Topfield problem?  How would we find out?

Tim since I'm running MCE Vista, it's not your Topfield that's the problem. It's something else
Marcus

tonymy01

I am having some Ten/OneHD interactive recording probs this week too.   I brought it up a few days ago with no comments by ICE, so created a new thread (now one below this thread) with more info of other issues related to these non-queued timers, and still no comment.   ICE is normally very quick to respond to these :-(
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

marcusstringer

Yeah...Maybe it is a know issue that they haven't told us about, but are working on....

Who know...it'd be nice through, if they mentioned something.
Marcus

melmac

So as I suspected when I got home the remote records I sent yesterday had not recorded (VMC)
I don't really know what to do to rectify this I have cleared the cache, re-setup the guide and sent test communication with the ice server which is apparently working so what else do I do to get remote recording working again ???? It used to work
Mel

OzRob

Quote from: melmac on March 20, 2009, 01:20:55 PM
So as I suspected when I got home the remote records I sent yesterday had not recorded (VMC)
I don't really know what to do to rectify this I have cleared the cache, re-setup the guide and sent test communication with the ice server which is apparently working so what else do I do to get remote recording working again ???? It used to work
Mel

Have you tried going into your IceTV account setting on the web site, deleting your VMC device and then adding it back again. Not sure if it will do anything, but it might be worth a try.

Fester

I have done that several times, still no joy. The only thing support can offer is to factory reset and start again! I bought the 7100 to have the ICETV feature, it does not work now (it did previously). Support are very inconspicuous by their absence on here. I would have thought they at least could offer some explanation as to why many people are having issues in the last week or so. People do PAY for this service (or no service in this case!).