ABC HDTV not showing in TV Guide

Started by MichaelWRX, March 11, 2009, 10:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelWRX

Anyone else not able to see ABC HDTV info in the Interactive TV Guide? I have it checked in my account. It also is not showing up in the VMC guide data as I cannot add any info to ABC HDTV channel.

thanks

tonymy01

Click the forum "home" button, then in search, put ABCHD to get your answer.
ABC only broadcasts a handful of shows a week that are HD (the rest is duplication of SD upscaled).   There is solutions, the search will show you how.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

MichaelWRX

Thanks Tony. Still got the MY01?

Yes have now noticed that it's just that when I first set up the MVC guide data ABC HDTV was in the guide info and I added to the channel. I needed to do a new setup and can't add so it means until there is actually a show on ABC HD I cannot add the guide data to the channel.....I have also looked several days ahead in the TV Guide online and still can't see anything.....cheers

prl

Quote from: MichaelWRX on March 11, 2009, 10:48:38 AM
Thanks Tony. Still got the MY01?

Yes have now noticed that it's just that when I first set up the MVC guide data ABC HDTV was in the guide info and I added to the channel. I needed to do a new setup and can't add so it means until there is actually a show on ABC HD I cannot add the guide data to the channel.....I have also looked several days ahead in the TV Guide online and still can't see anything.....cheers

Unless you've ticked Copy SD shows to HD channels on your account page, IceTV only shows programs in the ABC HD EPG if they are actually native HD format, and not just upscaled from SD. I don't think the ABC has shown any native HD since their repeats of Rain Shadow during the non-ratings period. The ABC shows very little native HD content, and SBS none at all. The TV regulations allow them to call upscaled SD (and even digitised and upscaled analog) HD in their reporting to the regulator. The commercial broadcasters are only allowed to report native HD as HD.

It's the general policy in the IceTV EPG that only native HD shows are shown in the guides for the HD services, except for SBS, where the HD guide is a clone of the SD guide. I have no idea why this exception was made for SBS.

So if you're seeing very little (or nothing) in the IceTV EPG for ABC HD, that's probably correct.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Still got my 01 baby, yes.   I think Peter the reasoning for the SBSHD showing the full guide is that there is no differentiator to make HD shows stand out given there are none, so may as well show the SD guide in the HD channel.   But for ABCHD, they occasionally (I really still rare as hens teeth) did show a different show on HD and/or a proper HD show, so this only showing HD in the ABC guide would highlight these occasional gems.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

MichaelWRX

Thanks guys. Yes had a quick response from IceTV support. They activated 'copy to SD to HD' but I just needed to clarify with them if that was for all HD channels or just those that didn't have HD guide info (their website info doesn't clearly mention this) but support advise it just affects those HD channels that dont have guide info.

prl

Quote from: MichaelWRX on March 11, 2009, 01:36:49 PM
Thanks guys. Yes had a quick response from IceTV support. They activated 'copy to SD to HD' but I just needed to clarify with them if that was for all HD channels or just those that didn't have HD guide info (their website info doesn't clearly mention this) but support advise it just affects those HD channels that dont have guide info.
My understanding is that 'copy to SD to HD' affects all HD services. However, it only copies the SD guide to parts of the HD guide that are empty.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing