Compensation for TF7100 owners

Started by wally3218, October 05, 2008, 08:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally3218

Shouldn't purchasers who bought the Topfield TF7100HDpvrt which has a sticker on the box saying. "IceTV EPG + Interactive This product supports IceTv's electronic programing guide and remote recording features via icetv.com.au"
Be compensated as this service is'nt working correctly yet, I know were all waiting for the latest firmware but shouldnt our accounts be extended or offered a refund untill they get it working properly.

Regards,
Wally
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

kidhazy

I believe ICE TV can 'suspend' your account whilst you wait for the 100% service to be available.

I also seem to remember users indicating that when they went to register for their free trial that the ICE TV website indicated that there was still issues with the TF7100 and ICE TV and advising you not to activate your account yet.

So maybe the "compensation" issues needs to be taken up with Topfield - not ICE TV as ICE TV have always tried to advise us that it's not quite ready.
Thanks,
kidhazy.

wally3218

I have just paid for 12 months subscription and nothing was said about IceTv interactive not working with the TF7100
I was said that it was EPG+Interactive supported not nearly ready or due to be ready in 6 months. I would have assumed that they saying it was ready it would have been or they would have held off on advertising it and putting there stickers on the box.

As I suggested I think they should extend the accounts off TF7100 users at least if they extend it we can still get the bugs out of it quicker with reported feed back. If suspended it will proberly take longer as there wont be any feed back.

I loved having IceTv EPG with my TF5000MP and used it with Icebox2 and had no problems from the start. 
I even sent of a email to there support staff over a week ago and have'nt had a reply yet.
Regards,
Wally
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: kidhazy on October 08, 2008, 12:02:17 PM
I also seem to remember users indicating that when they went to register for their free trial that the ICE TV website indicated that there was still issues with the TF7100 and ICE TV and advising you not to activate your account yet.

This is correct. Although we completely understand the frustration from all Topfield TF7100 owners regarding the lengthy delays in a firmware release we have numerous messages on our website to warn customers not to redeem their Free IceTV Gift Subscription or to try to run IceTV on the existing TF7100 firmware as it does not yet reliably support our services and they will not get the IceTV experience they deserve.

Examples include;

http://www.icetv.com.au/about/subscribe.shtml

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webfreetrial.cgi

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=118&faq_cat_id=27

http://www.icetv.com.au/topfieldentry.shtml

Quote from: kidhazy on October 08, 2008, 12:02:17 PM
I believe ICE TV can 'suspend' your account whilst you wait for the 100% service to be available.

We are more than happy to do so or figure out ways in which we can make sure you dont miss out as a result of these extended delays.

We are testing yet another firmware update from Topfield (v1.11.19) and so far it is looking OK but we only received this today.

If you want access to the latest firmware you will need to contact Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 and request it.

There are some minor issues needed to be resolved by their engineers before the software is stable enough for consumers to reliably utilise all of IceTV's features.

From correspondence with Topfield we expect this development to be completed in the near future and as soon as we have had adequate time to test their latest software we will notify all those that have registered their contact details with us (via our contact us page), so they can begin their free gift subscription and start enjoying IceTV straight away. We want to ensure that you get the best experience from IceTV and from your free subscription.

If you have further questions regarding the progress we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have absolutely no control or influence over the development time needed to complete this work.

We apologise for any inconvenience this delay from Topfield may cause and we will notify you of the good news as soon as we can.

Quote from: wally3218 on October 08, 2008, 01:48:12 PM
I have just paid for 12 months subscription and nothing was said about IceTv interactive not working with the TF7100

We have made numerous attempts to notify all those involved. See above examples as well as several posts on this forum.

I was said that it was EPG+Interactive supported not nearly ready or due to be ready in 6 months. I would have assumed that they saying it was ready it would have been or they would have held off on advertising it and putting there stickers on the box.

At no stage did we (IceTV) make such a statement and we are as dissapointed as consumers are that there is still not a suitable firmware available.

I even sent of a email to there support staff over a week ago and have'nt had a reply yet.

We have been very proactive in responding to any queries regarding the TF7100. Checking our system I can see your email was sent late in the evening on the 27/9 (Case#10112), where I personally replied to you on the morning of the 29th. Without wanting to repeat most of this forum post... I specifically said in my response to you;

"Unfortunately Topfield have not yet finished full integration of our interactive TV recording features for the TF7100 despite what they have advertised. We had hoped this would have been completed prior to the product launch and we are obviously disappointed that it is still not finished. There are some minor issues needed to be resolved by their engineers before the software is stable enough for consumers to reliably utilise all of IceTV's features.... If you have further questions regarding the progress we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development time needed to complete this work."

Having said all this and as I mention above... we are more than happy to discuss with customers on an indiviudal basis, ways in which we can make sure that they do not miss out on IceTV as a result of these extended delays. If you would like to discuss this further please take the time to contact us via "Support" on our website or call 1300 654 803... with more than just "TF7100" as was the only text in the email that I believe you are referring to.

Once again, I completely understand your frustrations and perhaps judging on my lengthy response to your post you can appreciate how frustrated we are by this.

The bottom line is that we are more than happy to help where we can... but we have absolutely no control over the necessary firmware update from Topfield, except to offer help with testing.

It is hoped that a new firmware that reliably supports the IceTV EPG and IceTV Interactive features will be released by Topfield shortly.

Regards,

IceTV.
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Topfield TF7100HDPVRt firmware released.

More information available in our new section at http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=221
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

SirDelton

I know this is an Older post..
I've just got my TopField TF7100HDPVRt
It's running Device Ver V1.0.01 & App Ver V1.11.32 (Factory set up)

But I can't get IceTV to work correctly. I've had IceTV EPG set up and had some of the channels show program guides but I've never been able to get it to record a show from the Internet.

I'm guessing it's me...
But I would like that confirmed...

Thanks

Blathuder

I just bought one, What free subscription are you guys talking about?