Underbelly - Sunday night repeats not flagged, sub-titles MIA for VMC

Started by dJOS, March 10, 2009, 04:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Hi Guy's, not sure what happened but for the last 2 weeks I've had Sunday night repeats of "Underbelly: tale of two cities" recorded as the repeat flag has been missing and I noticed that last night's (monday) screening had the usual episode title missing.

Im using Vista media Center.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dJOS

I just checked the Ice TV online guide and it looks like this has been fixed now - hopefully it's the same on my Media Center.
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Quote from: djos on March 11, 2009, 01:59:48 PM
I just checked the Ice TV online guide and it looks like this has been fixed now - hopefully it's the same on my Media Center.

ok the episode titles have returned but my Vista media center still thinks sunday nights are a "first run" as the repeat flag isn't coming through.
My Home Theatre Project

marcusstringer

VMC guide still show underbelly as a first run event on both win and winHD for Victoria

I have to into the synopsis to see in tiny letters "First Aired..."

There should be a repeat flag on it please
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Underbelly tonight (ep title Stranded) is marked as a repeat on all channels in the guide and has been double-checked a couple of times during the week. Can you see the specific ep title & synopsis in Media Center?

marcusstringer

There was no repeat Flag on this ep last night. through MCE Vista Country Vic, Win and WinHD
Only when I went into the synopsis and it said first aired... Could I tell if that was a repeat.
Marcus

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

I've passed this onto our technical team because it appears to be a specific issue with Media Center, ie. this episode is repeat flagged in our guide but isn't appearing as such for you.

I'll let you know what they say.

Cheers

Russell at IceTV

Hi guys,

This should be fixed now.  If you reload the guide in MCE, you should see that Sunday night's showing (22/3) of "Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities" is a repeat, and Monday night's (23/3) is new.  We had a problem with repeats in the guide data for MCE that was affecting several shows. 

The only thing is that at the moment, Monday night's new showing doesn't have the episode set yet (although I'm sure the guide team will get to that soon) so it just shows up with the series name and no episode name.

FYI -- For shows that have an episode set, and are repeats, MCE shows "Repeat" next to the episode name on the program details page.  But if the show doesn't have an episode (or if it's something like a news program that's non-episodic) the only way to tell it's a repeat is by looking for the "Original air date" at the bottom of the program details page.  If there's any date at all, it's a repeat -- if not, it's new.

Thanks,
Russell

marcusstringer

Marcus

marcusstringer

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on March 19, 2009, 12:01:39 PM
Hi guys,

This should be fixed now.  If you reload the guide in MCE, you should see that Sunday night's showing (22/3) of "Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities" is a repeat, and Monday night's (23/3) is new.  We had a problem with repeats in the guide data for MCE that was affecting several shows. 

Nope still not working
Marcus

dJOS

Quote from: marcusstringer on March 19, 2009, 04:28:31 PM
Quote from: Russell at IceTV on March 19, 2009, 12:01:39 PM
Hi guys,

Nope still not working

same, still no repeat flag for sunday night.
My Home Theatre Project

Russell at IceTV

Hmm, that's strange.  You're not seeing an "Original air date" at the bottom of the program details page, under the description, for the showings on Sunday?

Russell

dJOS

All the info is there:

Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities
"A Nice Little Earner"
Allison's upward trajectory through Terry's crime organisation has taken on its own momentum and she's now in the perfect position to profit from his expansion into the UK. As for the legal institutions of NSW; they're quickly becoming the poster boys for corruption. Matthew Newton, Peter O'Brien, Dustin Clare, Roy Billing. (HDTV)
Sun 22 Mar  10:30 PM - 11:30 PM    90 Nine HD
(16/03/2009)   Crime/Other, Drama/Other   M   

but my media center still thinks it is a first run despite the original air date of 16/3/09.
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

ok now it looks like this after another guide update:

Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities
"A Nice Little Earner"  (repeat)
Allison's upward trajectory through Terry's crime organisation has taken on its own momentum and she's now in the perfect position to profit from his expansion into the UK. As for the legal institutions of NSW; they're quickly becoming the poster boys for corruption. Matthew Newton, Peter O'Brien, Dustin Clare, Roy Billing. (HDTV)
Sun 22 Mar  10:30 PM - 11:30 PM    90 Nine HD
(16/03/2009)   Other/Crime, Other/Drama   M 

but my media center is still going to record it??  ???

PS. Mondays ep is now has an episode title "Diamonds" 
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Btw, I noticed that 2.5 Men has the same prob, Im showing all of them set to record despite the

Tue 24 Mar  8:30 PM - 9:00 PM

episode being the only one without a previous broadcast date, all those with a previous broadcast date have the same date of (17/01/2008) so im not sre if they are repeats or not?
My Home Theatre Project