NRL Footy Show

Started by lizpaul, April 01, 2009, 03:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizpaul

Hi, I thought I was recording the NRL Footy Show (9.30 Thurs 26 Mar ACT region on WIN) on my Elgato Eye TV Hybrid (the IceTV guide certainly said it was the Footy Show), but instead it recorded a HD demonstration channel - lots of lovely scenery but no Fatty V!  My son who asked me to record the show is disappointed.

Can you suggest what has happened please? 

Paul

tonymy01

What channel did it record?  Was it WINHD?  If so, then it is a case of "well, yet another show Win isn't showing on their HD channel vs SD channel" (you understand ICE's process for determining Nine and it's affiliates guides don't you?), but if it was another channel then.. what the?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

lizpaul

The details of the recording (from EyeTV) show it was recorded on WIN Television NSW (Channel 8) ie WIN's SD channel.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi Paul

I've just double-checked the Ice Guide for that night and ACT WIN (ie. the SD channel) was correctly scheduled - the NRL Footy Show at 9.30pm. ACT WIN's HD channel simply had an N/A scheduled for that timelsot. (The AFL Footy Show is generally scheduled for 9.30pm Thursday on WIN HD - as per 9HD - but last week the AFL Footy Show was on Wednesday night instead of Thursday, thus the N/A).

As far as we know, demo loops only appear on the HD channel when nothing is being shown so that's what seems to have been recorded.

Sorry, I'm a little mystified. You might want to double check your various channels and settings in Elgato.

lizpaul

Hi Madeleine

Thanks for your reply.  I appear to have solved the problem.  What has been happening is that what EyeTV considers WIN SD is actually WIN HD and vice versa.  So what it listed as WIN SD was actually WIN HD.

I reversed the assigned EPG channels under the 'Channels' listing in EyeTV ie I changed WIN NSW SD Ch8 to WIN NSW HD Ch90 and vice versa.  Now the Program Guide shows the correct content against the correct channel.  Both WIN HD and SD have the same frequency 788.5Mhz so I am guessing this is what may have been confusing EyeTV. (Hope all that makes some sort of sense??)

Fingers crossed all will work fine as this week's Footy Show is only an hour away.

Paul

Madeleine IceGuide

No problem. Glad it's sorted out now.

If you have time, it might be worth checking that this isn't happening with any of your other channels, to avoid future problems.

Cheers