My Upcoming Shows - An Error has Occurred!

Started by MichaelWRX, March 10, 2009, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelWRX

Recently joined the 30 days trial. Have setup Vista Media Center and all guide information is working. Just at work and trying to test the online Interactive scheduling for a couple of shows (series) but I am finding that after a while I am getting the orange icon with the exclamation mark indicating an error has occurred. Message is - Recording of this show failed on the device: HTPC

Not able to check the status of the VMC scheduled recordings just yet but just wondering if anyone knows the possible cuase of this error?

melmac

Sorry I can't help you with your specific error just wanted to voice my thoughts on that little orange icon. Its damm annoying that it says theres an error but gives you no clue on what that error is,  I have these icons popping up alot in my account just recently and can't work out what the problem is other than the fact that it seems to be mostly channel 2 :(
Some better trouble shooting messages would make it easier.  I have checked VMC and it seems ok the recordings are just not in showing ok in the interactive lists.

Mel

MichaelWRX

Thanks Mel. I did manage to sort it out. Problem was because after adding guide listings to the channels I changed the name of the channels. This breaks the web/mobile scheduling process. All sorted now.

Only thing to now do is somehow get ABC HDTV guide into VMC - it's not there so might need to go through the whole setup process again.

Cheers