No TV Guide (Topfield TF7100) ?

Started by ibrox, March 08, 2009, 06:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: ibrox on March 09, 2009, 12:49:44 PM
Thanks Daniel.

Has this "fix" been released to public yet?

Yes, this is currently available now.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

I should correct my message too, the EIT standard is actually 15x249=3735bytes!
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This has been tested on the currently released firmwares and has fixed the issue.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ibrox

Thanks Daniel, i can confirm its fixed for me, i now have the TV Guide back.

raymondjpg

Fixed here too. But there is still the issue of some timers coming across without program names. Is it related?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 09, 2009, 03:14:05 PM
Fixed here too. But there is still the issue of some timers coming across without program names. Is it related?

Sort of, the program name within the timer is looked up from the available guide, if the timers came through while the guide was not available it will not show the correct name but just have the channel name in there. While this won't update before recording it should take the name from the guide as the recording starts and use that for the program name.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall on March 09, 2009, 03:17:22 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on March 09, 2009, 03:14:05 PM

Sort of, the program name within the timer is looked up from the available guide, if the timers came through while the guide was not available it will not show the correct name but just have the channel name in there. While this won't update before recording it should take the name from the guide as the recording starts and use that for the program name.

Ahhhhh - thanks for the clarification.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

hallycat

Thanks Daniel, mine is fixed too. I deleted all my timers with no program name which was all of them and the requested a resend and they all look fine now  :)

st3ph3n

hmm, I still have timers working OK but no EPG even though it has allegedly been fetched?

raymondjpg

Quote from: st3ph3n on March 09, 2009, 05:35:44 PM
hmm, I still have timers working OK but no EPG even though it has allegedly been fetched?

Try switching to FTA EPG, then after 15 minutes or so switch back to Ice EPG.

If this doesn't fix it, then Ice tech support has advised me (in response to a service request):

Please check what version of firmware you are using.
on the remote hit menu > information > recorder sattus and the firmware will be next to application version.

FIX

V 1.11.13
Turn machine off then on. And wait for a guide update.

V 1.11.29
You will need to re install Ice TV again, so firstly reset factory defaults setup time zone > scan channels > edit network settings and setup EPG details.
As a reset will delete upcoming recordings you will need to go onto our website and select my account > interactive(on the side) > and hit resend all recordings.

st3ph3n

Tried the switch to FTA EPG. No go.
EPG (after switch back) is either empty for most channels or has entries for Wednesday
followed by next Monday - a complete mess.
Thanks for the advice, I will go the reset as I am on the latest firmware.
Cheers.
(If I got a $ for every minute I spent farting around with this TF7100
since it was released I would be a happy man!)

Fester

Tried the "fix" for V 1.11.29 as posted above. My ICE EPG displays mostly correctly for most channels initially, but if I scroll through the channels the EPG suddenly goes ahead a few days! The FTA EPG is fine and all displayed channels are populated. Just a problem with the ICE EPG and has only started this behaviour recently. I am not overly concerned as I rarely look at the PVR EPG and do most timers on the website.

wally3218

I thought I had got it working ok now using application v1.11.29 (20090112)
I have IceTV epg switched between air and Ice guide a few times to get it working but now find my timers are comming thru with no file names.
Might try the newer Beta Firmware version and see how it goes.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Fester

Had two timers for tonight, neither recorded!! Now I am getting pee'd off!!

wally3218

Am still loosing the  EPG so the problems still there.
What version of the firmware are all of you using I was using v1.11.13 (20081029) and upgraded to v1.11.29 (20090112) havent tried the latest beta version.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit