No TV Guide (Topfield TF7100) ?

Started by ibrox, March 08, 2009, 06:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrox

Hey all,

I've had an issue the past couple of days.  I've factory reset my Tf7100 but still no joy :(.

Basically i wait for ages for the TV guide to come down, when it eventually does, its showing shows on the 14th March, on certain channels only, with a lot of information missing.

If i press TV GUIDE now, there is nothing set for today or anything.

The thing is if i schedule shows it actually schedules and records, just with no filename as the tv guide isn't there, it slowly started off with a similar issue like this :

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1640.0

Now its gone to nothing, no tv guide or anything, is anyone else having issues??

I haven't changed any firmware or settings on the topfield, i'm suspecting its an issue with icetv not sending the tv guide.

Thanks

raymondjpg

Similar issues here. I have logged a request for support.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

ibrox

Glad i'm not the only one, thought it was me for a minute, but after two factory resets i didn't think it was me :).

I've lodged a request also.

Let's hope its fixed soon.

hallycat

Same here but I noticed in my list of recordings that I hadn't looked at for a while there were a lot of errors going on for a while. I am on sick leave atm with some broken ribs so want to catch up but now I can't even get an EPG after two days of struggling with it.

raymondjpg

Quote from: hallycat on March 08, 2009, 07:12:32 PM
Same here but I noticed in my list of recordings that I hadn't looked at for a while there were a lot of errors going on for a while. I am on sick leave atm with some broken ribs so want to catch up but now I can't even get an EPG after two days of struggling with it.

That's a bummer, but you can switch to the FTA EPG (if that is still working!) while this prob is sorted out. Don't want to miss your shows.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

hallycat

I finally got timers but with no names and no EPG when I checked LCN there was only one channel listed and that was ABC1.
This must be an IceTV issue as the current firmware has run fine since I put it on.

hallycat

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 08, 2009, 07:41:28 PM

That's a bummer, but you can switch to the FTA EPG (if that is still working!) while this prob is sorted out. Don't want to miss your shows.
I did check out FTA but that has massive gaps in it. I wonder if TiVo have these EPG problems.

Vortical

Same here guys I can't get any epg or timers after a factory reset over the weekend

Also can't get LCN settings to show up which probably explains why no timers are coming through

st3ph3n

Similar here. I have had no EPG for the last couple of days, but timers are still there and working...

Vortical

Quote from: st3ph3n on March 09, 2009, 11:56:09 AM
Similar here. I have had no EPG for the last couple of days, but timers are still there and working...

Mine were working before I performed a factory reset

THe problem is it can't retrieive the EPG and in turn the lcn settings after the factory reset
This in turn causes a problem with receiving timers.

So don't do a factory reset

st3ph3n

Quote from: Vortical on March 09, 2009, 12:00:19 PM

Mine were working before I performed a factory reset

THe problem is it can't retrieive the EPG and in turn the lcn settings after the factory reset
This in turn causes a problem with receiving timers.

So don't do a factory reset

I was about to until I checked here and sensed that a reset was not the go.
Strange that my account is indicating that EPG fetches are occurring, but I
seem to only get a few shows on ABC2 on Mar 14 showing up...

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have performed some tests on the firmware and loading the guide and it appears that the Topfield have a fixed length for descriptions of 1024 bytes. There is a description longer than that in the guide at the moment.

We have artificially limited the description field for the Topfield now to 1024 bytes and we are currently testing this on the currently released firmwares to confirm that this is working for all firmware versions.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

That is a bit of a silly limit.   The EIT standards for extended event descriptions end up being 7x249=1743 bytes if I remember correctly from fiddling with this and going in depth into the standards (ETSI EN 300 468) when building out the EPG uploader for the TF5K.
edit:
My memory is hopeless, it is 15x249=3735bytes.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: tonymy01 on March 09, 2009, 12:23:10 PM
That is a bit of a silly limit.   The EIT standards for extended event descriptions end up being 7x249=1743 bytes if I remember correctly from fiddling with this and going in depth into the standards (ETSI EN 300 468) when building out the EPG uploader for the TF5K.

You won't hear me disagreeing...  :D
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ibrox

Thanks Daniel.

Has this "fix" been released to public yet?