Any Channel/This Channel

Started by Fester, March 04, 2009, 08:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fester

Hi all. Purchased the 7100 recently after a very bad experience with a 7000. I said I would never go Topfield again but I liked the specs of the 7100. Must say, so far, it has been excellent. Ice is working perfectly. One question though regarding interactive. If I select a series recording I get the option of any channel/this channel. That is good, no problem, but if I want to select just a one off recording I don't get that option and I am finding that if the program is on both SD and HD it records both, so I get two recordings of the same show! Why isn't the "any channel/this channel" option available on single recordings? Or am I missing something?

Russell at IceTV

If you just want to do a one-off recording, you can go to the TV Guide page, find the show you want to record (on the channel you want to record it on), click it to display the details, and then click Record.  No need to create a series recording for it.

Or am I not understanding what you're asking?

Russell

Fester

The problem is if I just go "record" and that particular show is broadcast on both SD and HD channels at the same time (say 9 and 9HD) I get two recordings of the same show. But I think I have found a way around it if I do a series record and go under the time option "this time only". I just thought the channel option would be available in the single record option and I should not have to go through the series option to get there.

Fester

Just to add to that, this is occuring if I just select say the SD channel it is also recoding the HD channel even though it is not selected.

Russell at IceTV

Hmm, that's strange.  If you just use the Record option, for a one-off recording, does the web site show red dots next to the show on both channels, or just the channel you selected?  I mean, does the web site schedule it on both channels, or is it only scheduling it on one channel and your Topfield is recording it on both?

Russell

Fester

I only get the one red dot. Last night I tried it on the channel 9 news and selected to record on the SD channel only. I ended up with two recordings of the news!

Russell at IceTV

Wow, ok.  What about on the Topfield?  Does it indicate that the show is scheduled to be recorded on both channels?  Also, has this happened more than once?

Thanks,
Russell

Fester

It did it on two seperate occassions, but I tried again last night on a few programs that were telecast on both SD and HD and it didn't do it this time! I had deleted the profile and started over again when it occured the first time, whether that had something to do with it. But appears all is good now. I am starting to love this 7100.

Russell at IceTV