Problems with ICETV??

Started by Trial_Master, March 01, 2009, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

My View Timer fired the Wiz P2 up at 15:00 but my Interactive still shows all shows as 'queued'   :(

twitch

Same problem here still with my Beyonwiz. All timers (series and one offs) are showing as queued on interactive yet seem to have successfully been updated in the timer list on the BW.

So the problem is not resolved yet....

tonymy01

Same here.  One problem I had seems to be ok now, and that is when I click on the Widget to get a show recorded, within about 5 or 10seconds, it now lights up red (but shows as queued in the webpage along with all my other timers still).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Trial_Master

My service is much worse now, Wiz ICE message is stuck on “Try to get scheduler tasks” and has only downloaded one timer for this Sunday evening.

Interactive is now only showing doughnuts for Sunday & Monday all other days are not listed in Interactive at all. I have tried using the Update button for all Series Recordings in Interactive, deleting the ICE disc cache and existing timers and Resending all timers in Interactive. Still same as above no change.

Now I have to set all my timers on the Wiz directly. Remind me why I’m paying for this service??

NOT HAPPY!!!

prl

My transition to the new server wasn't all that smooth - last night, after our Beyonwiz DP-S1 had had ample time to synchronise, all the recording icons on our IceTV Web page had stayed as the "queued" donut, except for two recordings that had passed, which had the yellow ! error icon against them, even though they had recorded correctly, and the SBS late movie (which was still to start recording) also had the ! against it, but this morning, it, too had recorded correctly.

Given the problems others had noted, I decided to resend all timers. I waited for the scheduled updated to the timers after the resend, but when it came around, the IceTV server refused contact, so I shut down the Beyonwiz.

This morning, I restarted and I found that IceTV had synchronised, but had resent all Mondays's and yesterday's timers, as well as sending today's and future recordings.

However, all my timers for today have been sent correctly, and all the recording timer icons are now as I expect them to be set, as recordings until Sunday, and as queued recordings from Monday on.

The one timer that I had set on the Beyonwiz side (to catch Brian Clarke & John Dawe's segment on Thursday's 7:30 Report) has disappeared.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

twitch

Quote from: twitch on March 03, 2009, 06:19:26 PM
Same problem here still with my Beyonwiz. All timers (series and one offs) are showing as queued on interactive yet seem to have successfully been updated in the timer list on the BW.

So the problem is not resolved yet....
Noticed mine is now fixed, bye bye donuts.

Trial_Master

Quote from: twitch on March 04, 2009, 10:03:18 AM
Noticed mine is now fixed, bye bye donuts.

Did Interactive sort itself out or did you have to manually manipulate? I have lost all Series Recordings (no icons, nothing) from Today through to Sunday (only keyword recordings are showing as doughnuts in these days)? On Monday Interactive looks normal so I'm guessing they might change from doughnuts in a couple of days time.

I don't know how to get my Series Recordings working, I've tried updating each one and using the Resend feature. Nothing!!!

I've had to add all timers manually on Wiz last night as Interactive only sent one timer which was a Keyword Record for this Sunday night, the other keyword I have on Sunday night is still doughnut

raymondjpg

Ice responded to my tech support ticket "This issue has now been sorted out by our system engineers and IceTV interactive should function as it has in the past. While you can "resend all recordings" through the “My Account” tab on the web site, we would actually recommend that you just leave it and it should automatically download scheduled tasks."

Future recordings are still largely showing as "queued" in Interactive, except for those next Sunday which are all showing as "series recordings".

So maybe the server will sort itself out over the next few days. Recordings for Monday next week are still flagged as "queued", but may tick over to "recordings" tomorrow.

Edit: This is for a Topfield 7100
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Trial_Master

Well I'm up and running again. Called Daniel at ICE yesterday who figured a way to reset the broken Series Recordings to get them back to doughnuts again. All those recordings failed in Interactive but after a Resend command the doughnuts were back and on the next poll they all scheduled all the Wiz and everything was back to normal. 6 days in total whatever caused that issue on the ICE server I certanily hope it never rears its head again.

Neon Kitten

Quote from: prl on March 04, 2009, 08:06:36 AM
My transition to the new server wasn't all that smooth - last night, after our Beyonwiz DP-S1 had had ample time to synchronise, all the recording icons on our IceTV Web page had stayed as the "queued" donut, except for two recordings that had passed, which had the yellow ! error icon against them, even though they had recorded correctly, and the SBS late movie (which was still to start recording) also had the ! against it, but this morning, it, too had recorded correctly.

I've had that happen to me quite a few times before; in all but one case the shows had recorded fine, but appear to have triggered the "!" by not completing their padding time before the next timer on the same tuner kicked in.

My donuts have mostly gone solid now, except for my shows for Saturday. Go figure. Last Saturday my series record of Rockwiz never got queued at all, or at least not sent to the Beyonwiz; as a result, I missed it. Not happy about that. Surely I don't have to check the site every day to make sure my shows are all still getting recorded?

Oh, and my series record for "Lie To Me" didn't generate a donut or red dot at all for next Tuesday, yet when I went into the listing it told me it was scheduled to record. Not trusting it, I deleted the series record, turned it into a "prefer HD" keyword record in readiness for the OneHD disaster later this month, and it finally queued as it should have.

Big issues all round here at the moment.

prl

Quote from: Neon Kitten on March 06, 2009, 12:46:16 AM
Quote from: prl on March 04, 2009, 08:06:36 AM

I've had that happen to me quite a few times before; in all but one case the shows had recorded fine, but appear to have triggered the "!" by not completing their padding time before the next timer on the same tuner kicked in.
That may have been what happened for the two completed recordings, but not for the SBS late movie, which hadn't started at that time.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Vortical

Quote from: Neon Kitten on March 06, 2009, 12:46:16 AM
Oh, and my series record for "Lie To Me" didn't generate a donut or red dot at all for next Tuesday, yet when I went into the listing it told me it was scheduled to record. Not trusting it, I deleted the series record, turned it into a "prefer HD" keyword record in readiness for the OneHD disaster later this month, and it finally queued as it should have.

Funny I had exactly the same issue with the same program

It had had no triple red donut or triple red dot for series recording.
I clicked on it and it was stated as set to record on the wrong Ice Interactive device
I then manually updated the timer and all it immediately became a scheduled series recording with the triple red donut within 30 seconds.

Please Note: My timer was actually for a Topfield 7100 but I've seen this happen with a Beyonwiz S1, Beyonwiz H1 as well and it's been happening since late 2008 and been reported twice to IceTV, last year I was advised my account was being monitored for these anomolies and it all went quiet.

I tried to contact them again last month and was advised someone would contact me yet nearly a month later I've not heard anything.  The thread regarding this issue remains quite void of any official IceTV Rep responses too.  I hope someone at IceTV can update us about what they are doing about this problem because for nearly 6months I've had to check my upcoming timers on the website on an almost daily basis to make sure everything is scheduled correctly and every week there is always something that doesn't.