Problems with ICETV??

Started by Trial_Master, March 01, 2009, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonymy01

I think I have something similar too.
I tried to send a one off to the Wiz yesterday from the Widget, and the icon refused to light up on the entry even though it had sent the timer to the Wiz.   But I do see red blobs for most shows in the widget at the moment (my regular daily/weekly timers).
But in the ICE status at the moment, everything appears ok:
Try to get scheduler tasks.
Get scheduler tasks:OK.

edit:
Ok, I should really give up on the Widget I think.   It doesn't 100% resemble the webpage.   Looking at the interactive webpage, in my upcoming timers, they are all doughnuts except a couple of shows tonight (but "Biggest Loser" is doughnutted tonight?).
Doughnut=queued btw...

edit2:
Ok, I waited my "25mins to get scheduler tasks" to see if anything would pop out, and at the end of the 25mins "MSG ignored due to request being made too often" grrr...
I am definitely going to give up on the Widget.  When I set a timer from the web page, I get a red doughnut immediately.   Something I setup in the widget over 30mins ago does not appear in the web or Wiz.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on March 02, 2009, 06:21:52 PM
Ok, I should really give up on the Widget I think.   It doesn't 100% resemble the webpage.   Looking at the interactive webpage, in my upcoming timers, they are all doughnuts except a couple of shows tonight (but "Biggest Loser" is doughnutted tonight?).
Doughnut=queued btw...
Regards

I think that that's always been the case with the Widget: that it doesn't distinguish between queued recordings and recordings whose timer has been sent.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Trial_Master

Quote from: prl on March 02, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
What region are you getting EPG for? I'm on ACT.

Brisbane. No change here tonight, hopefully the fix is soon.

dg

Quote from: Daniel Drysdale at IceTV on March 02, 2009, 02:45:28 PM
On behalf of the Engineering Team at IceTV I appologise for the difficultly some of you have been experiencing.

We have been able to establish a pattern of behavior that seems to be common to people seeing this MSG: "" error on their Beyonwiz units.

At this point it seems as though the messages coming up from the clients are not being fully processed, in fact the logs show the messages being truncated mid way through as though the process has been terminated.

I'm in the process of trying to add additional debug to the server to shed some light on the issue, this is currently our number one priority and will remain so until the issue is resolved.

Cheers
Daniel Drysdale
Software Manager @ IceTV

Hi Daniel,
I have also had this and other problems occurring with my DP-S1 and DP-P2.

Current problem is that all recording stay as "queued recordings". (Red with black dot)
Most recordings are set as timers, the odd one isn't.

DG

Trial_Master

Quote from: Daniel Drysdale at IceTV on March 02, 2009, 02:45:28 PM
On behalf of the Engineering Team at IceTV I appologise for the difficultly some of you have been experiencing.

We have been able to establish a pattern of behavior that seems to be common to people seeing this MSG: "" error on their Beyonwiz units.

At this point it seems as though the messages coming up from the clients are not being fully processed, in fact the logs show the messages being truncated mid way through as though the process has been terminated.

I'm in the process of trying to add additional debug to the server to shed some light on the issue, this is currently our number one priority and will remain so until the issue is resolved.

Cheers
Daniel Drysdale
Software Manager @ IceTV

Daniel

Do you have an ETA for fix yet?

prl

As I predicted, now that Tuesday has rolled around, all my series recordings are marked with the "queued" icon, even though the timers continue to be set.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Trial_Master

This is starting to make sense. On Thursday night I noticed some recordings were sitting queued when they should have been scheduled. Mid way through Friday I thought I had issues on my end and I deleted timers and used Interactive Resend command, hence all my timers showing queued now. So this issue has been ongoing since at least Thursday last week. Must be a complex issue if ICE hasn’t figured out what’s causing the truncation as mentioned by Daniel in his post.

prl

Though this be madness, yet there is method in’t.
      - Shakespeare, Hamlet, II(2)

;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

martymonster

Also happens on Vista Media Centre, tried to set 2 recordings since last Friday but neither appeared.
ie: logged into PC and went to Iceguide and tried to set recordings on 2 different days.
Just tried to check my settings on my BeyonWiz S1 and it did not work either.
ie; went to IceGuide menu on S1 and tried the Check option. it failed.

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

We believe we have fixed the issue causing timer status update messages to not be processed by the server.

The failure to process the updates caused the strange error messages on the Beyonwiz as well as the failure of the program status pills on the website to be updated.

I apologise again for the delay, we spent many hours on the issue yesterday, overnight and today.

I would ask that affected users give their units a chance to sync with the server and have a look tonight to see if there are any further problems.

Cheers
Daniel Drysdale
Software Manager @ IceTV

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Trial_Master

Will do. Thanks for the update Daniel.

prl

Likewise, thanks Daniel. I'll let you know how it goes when my Beyonwiz next synchs.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Trial_Master

I have to wait until 15:00 EST until my next View Timer kicks in   :'(

martymonster

Great, all seems to be working now.
My S1 now has the latest recording info and the Check User now works as well.

PS - Just checked my Upcoming shows and they are still marked as Queued even after the shows were all sent to the S1 over 30 mins ago

raymondjpg

Issue still not resolved with Topfield 7100 after two fetches from Ice.

All but one series recording out to Monday 9 March still showing in Interactive as queued. However, one single program I just selected for recording early tomorrow am changed in Interactive on last Ice fetch from queued to single recording.

Haven't heard back yet from request logged with Ice support.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD