Problems with ICETV??

Started by Trial_Master, March 01, 2009, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

ICE server is sending timers to Beyonwiz P2, but the Schedule State does not appear to be working, this is causing Interactive to not acknowledge that timers have been created on P2

I am receiving the following log information on my Beyonwiz P2 starting this morning and is still ongoing.
Get Scheduled Task Ok
Try To Send Schedule State
MSG"" (see attachment below)

I have tried the following (several times) with no change to issue
Deleted Timers on P2
Cleared ICE Cache
Resend Timers on Interactive

Deleted ‘Lounge Room’ device from Interactive cleared ICE Cache, deleted timers on P2.
Problem still exists????

Factory Reset Beyonwiz P2.
Problem still exists????

Reloaded firmware and Factory reset
Problem still exists????

Any ideas?????????

prl

I'm also having similar strange things with one of my IceTV series recordings (ACT region).

The icon for my series recording of Antiques Roadshow is staying stuck as "Queued series recording" and not changing to "Series recording", even though the recording timers are actually being set correctly on my Beyonwiz.

I also see
QuoteTry to sent scheduler state
MSG: ""
as Trial_master does.

I'm running 01.05.287beta on my Beyonwiz DP-S1, which I guess is a different version from what Trial_master is running.

Other recording timer icons are switching from "Queued series recording" to "Series recording," but not as far into the future as they used to. So today, Sun 1 Mar 11:30, the icons have switched from queued to sent for today's and tomorrow's recordings, but not for Tuesday 3 Mar and later. However, timers have actually been sent to my Beyonwiz for IceTV for IceTV recordings out to Thurs 5 Mar, which is what I'd expect.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

ddre78

I have no guide data and my recordings are only out to Tuesday. Seriously its just one thing after another with these HD recorders and Ice. Im about to give up.

gleff

I just noticed I have no recordings scheduled past Tuesday as well.. When I go into the Interactive webpage and choose My Upcoming shows it's completely empty yet the TV Guide webpage shows I have recordings on Wednesday and further.

There's definately something weird going on.

OzRob

I'm only getting shows up until Tuesday in My Upcoming Shows in the Widget as well. Server problem?

Trial_Master

Can anyone at ICE comment on these issues? My service has been faulty since Friday and I would appreciate an ETA for fix.

EDIT: Murphy's Law I just received an email on my support ticket from a couple of days ago.

"I'm sorry to see that you have been experiencing issues with Interactive, we are
investigating the issue you reported which seem to be affecting a few users and hope
to have an answer for you shortly."

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

On behalf of the Engineering Team at IceTV I appologise for the difficultly some of you have been experiencing.

We have been able to establish a pattern of behavior that seems to be common to people seeing this MSG: "" error on their Beyonwiz units.

At this point it seems as though the messages coming up from the clients are not being fully processed, in fact the logs show the messages being truncated mid way through as though the process has been terminated.

I'm in the process of trying to add additional debug to the server to shed some light on the issue, this is currently our number one priority and will remain so until the issue is resolved.

Cheers
Daniel Drysdale
Software Manager @ IceTV
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Trial_Master

Daniel

Thank you for acknowledging and updating us on the issue. Hopefully it gets resolved today?

My Beyonwiz was left on today to create more log information for you guys if required.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Drysdale at IceTV on March 02, 2009, 02:45:28 PM
On behalf of the Engineering Team at IceTV I appologise for the difficultly some of you have been experiencing.

We have been able to establish a pattern of behavior that seems to be common to people seeing this MSG: "" error on their Beyonwiz units.

At this point it seems as though the messages coming up from the clients are not being fully processed, in fact the logs show the messages being truncated mid way through as though the process has been terminated.

I'm in the process of trying to add additional debug to the server to shed some light on the issue, this is currently our number one priority and will remain so until the issue is resolved.

Cheers
Daniel Drysdale
Software Manager @ IceTV

Not just Beyonwiz.

Some "problems" with Topfield 7100 as well.

Timers are showing up in My Upcoming Shows until Sunday next week. This is fine, but only timers for today (apart from one) and early tomorrow are showing as "recordings" the others are "queued". This has been going on for some time now.

It is not a major problem as the "queued" recordings are showing up OK in the Topfield and recording as required. For example one recording scheduled for this evening is still showing as queued in Interactive, after a couple of fetches from Ice this morning, and is still safely in the Topfield scheduled recording list.

Just another thing, probably cosmetic but might be related. I have never seen any yellow/orange symbols in the TV Guide or My Upcoming Shows while shows are being broadcast. The symbol colours remain red.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Trial_Master

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 02, 2009, 03:33:13 PM
Not just Beyonwiz.

Timers are showing up in My Upcoming Shows until Sunday next week. This is fine, but only timers for today (apart from one) and early tomorrow are showing as "recordings" the others are "queued". This has been going on for some time now.

It is not a major problem as the "queued" recordings are showing up OK in the Topfield and recording as required. For example one recording scheduled for this evening is still showing as queued in Interactive, after a couple of fetches from Ice this morning, and is still safely in the Topfield scheduled recording list.

Just another thing, probably cosmetic but might be related. I have never seen any yellow/orange symbols in the TV Guide or My Upcoming Shows while shows are being broadcast. The symbol colours remain red.

Hey raymondjpg have you logged a support ticket for the Topfield issues?

raymondjpg

Quote from: Trial_Master on March 02, 2009, 03:47:08 PM

Hey raymondjpg have you logged a support ticket for the Topfield issues?

No I haven't, because this is the first thread where I have picked up on some Ice issues I am having with the TP7100.

I'll look to log a ticket, as it may help Ice tracking down a problem common to BW and TP.

Edit: I have just sent a message to Technical Support, outlining the issues with Interactive and the Topfield 7100 in my earlier post. If there is any other way I should be logging for a support ticket, perhaps someone could let me know. TIA.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Trial_Master

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 02, 2009, 04:01:05 PM
I'll look to log a ticket, as it may help Ice tracking down a problem common to BW and TP.

Good thinking !!!!

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 02, 2009, 03:33:13 PM
Not just Beyonwiz.

That's essentially identical to what I'm seeing on my Beyonwiz.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Trial_Master

Sounds like variety in the underlining issue? All mine are showing as queued on Interactive but the timers are sent. Let's hope they get this sorted today, I can't tell if something is going to record unless I physically check the Wiz. Not practical when away with work etc...

prl

Quote from: Trial_Master on March 02, 2009, 04:41:11 PM
Sounds like variety in the underlining issue? All mine are showing as queued on Interactive but the timers are sent. Let's hope they get this sorted today, I can't tell if something is going to record unless I physically check the Wiz. Not practical when away with work etc...
It looks as though my situation is moving towards being the same as yours.

On Sunday (1 Mar), I had one series recording (Antiques Roadshow) that was the same as what you are seeing, and the rest were normal up to Monday, and then Tuesday and after were all showing as queued.

Today, Monday (2 Mar), Antiques Roadshow is the same, but I haven't had any icons updated from queued to active, so I still have all series recordings from Tues (3 Mar) showing as queued.

I suspect that unless the problem is fixed before tomorrow, I'll be seeing the exactly same as you; all series recordings being marked as queued, even though the timers are being set correctly.

What region are you getting EPG for? I'm on ACT.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use