Can't get Win7 to pickup IceTV EPG after initial install

Started by AnthonyBNE, October 25, 2009, 10:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthonyBNE

I have just setup my Windows 7 Media Centre over the past couple of days and installed the new IceTV Win7 Beta EPG software. Everything was working well. EPG looked great.
I then noticed that when I tried to record things a message appeared saying it could not detect a signal on the channel I wanted to record. I have a dual TV Tuner card and only have an antenna plugged into one socket. I reran the Media Center wizard and chose not to configure the second TV tuner card. As part of rerunning the wizard it redetected the channels and lost the IceTV EPG info.
Now, nothing I do seems to allow me to return to the Ice TV EPG guide. All I get is the lame one that comes with Windows & Media Center. I have tried removing Ice TV completely, rebooting and reinstalling but it does give me the IceTV EPG back again. I did notice that even after removing the IOceTV application and completely deleting the IceTV folder from Program Files, it still rembers all my settings when I reinstall Ice TV.
Any ideas?  Can someone tell me how to *completely* remove IceTV software so I can try a completely fresh reinstall?

Thanks
Anthony

so_bored8008

open the ice interactive on your desktop, and log in, then force it up update the new EPG data.....so you know that's avalible. Make sure you watch the status at the bottom to see if it works.

then do this in media center

settings -> TV -> guide -> edit channels

Check to see if the Ice versions of the channels are in there. you didn't really mention if you had done any of this stuff to check. So you may have already done it.

hope that helps

AnthonyBNE

Hi so_bored8008,

Sorry, I should have included this information.

Quote from: so_bored8008 on October 25, 2009, 11:45:57 PM
open the ice interactive on your desktop, and log in, then force it up update the new EPG data.....so you know that's avalible. Make sure you watch the status at the bottom to see if it works.

then do this in media center

settings -> TV -> guide -> edit channels

Check to see if the Ice versions of the channels are in there. you didn't really mention if you had done any of this stuff to check. So you may have already done it.

hope that helps

Yes - it shows the EPG data has downloading successfully.
No - The "- icetv" channels are not available when I try to "Edit Channels"

Thanks

ANthony

so_bored8008

i dunno...make sure you have selected win7 in the interactive devices thing....and make sure you have a profile on the ice TV web site for win7

dgaust

Go into Task Scheduler - Microsoft - Mediacentre and run the MediaCentreRecoveryTask.

This will erase the channel lineups and guide data that is stored. Re-run the TV setup, scan for channels, then do the guide import again using IceTV interactive.