Updating Channel 10

Started by hcornea, February 18, 2009, 12:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcornea

I have been running Vista MCE and Ice for some time now ... with only a few problems.

I recently decided to Re-scan channels following the email from Ice about Ten and ONE.

The problem I now have is that Seven and ONE listings do not work properly.

First frustration:
If there is no info in ICE for a channel for that week, it doesn't appear in the Vista MCE guide listing at ALL (eg ABC HDTV) - so you have to type them yourself - and hope that it will work when a program is scheduled -- makes it hard to test that things are set up.

I followed this procedure:

1. Deleted all channels and Rescanned
2. Added Guide Listings for LCNs as per the email I received.

(result: no ONE or Seven listings)

then:

Redid Setup guide, resetting DiscSv key via the IceTV Interactive Client
This included re-setting up channels. Added guide listings manually

ONE Digital was listed on the channel list but not "ONE" - as it is worded in IceTv
"Seven" was not listed on the guide - only "7 Digital"

I entered each of these - as they appear in my icetv iPhone channel listing:  No guide listing for either appeared.

Rebooted, cleared IceTV interactive cache - now even more oddly,  Seven programs are correctly listed against 7, but the channel label says "Ten"

"ONE" LCN 12 - has no programs, but ONE HD is listed fine.

This is completely frustrating

Could Ice give some thought to a program to set up VMC channels automatically to the IceTV account in use.

In the meantime - what on earth do I do to solve this, and will I have to go through this everytime a channel changes its LCN?

Please help.

jcm4101

Hey
I suffer with this too, it's totally frustrating, each time you re-scan, you have to edit channel names in Media Center to the icetv channel names, and this is very time consuming, and frustrating.
Plus, currently I have no listing for ABC SD..hmmm

Thanks

Dave

csutak40

Quote from: jcm4101 on February 18, 2009, 03:51:58 PM
Hey
I suffer with this too, it's totally frustrating, each time you re-scan, you have to edit channel names in Media Center to the icetv channel names, and this is very time consuming, and frustrating.
Plus, currently I have no listing for ABC SD..hmmm

Thanks

Dave

I have Windows XP, but the same problem.  I had to scan 4 times before I got all the channels (well, still missing SBS News, but I gave up) then you have to go through the tedious editing procedure.  It is a real pain
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

hcornea

Yes - I've just deleted all channels,
Rebooted
Re-setup Guide
Manually Edited Channels (Grrrrrrrrr...)

Strangest thing - everythime I rename LCN7 to Seven, 70 changes.

Whenever I edit LCN70 to Seven HD ---> then 7 changes as well.

I can't name them separately -- when I rename both to their respective names, that doesn't fix things either.

Is this a Vista Media Centre Bug.

If so ... where does VMC store the channel names -- I'll have a go at it myself.

Anyone in support reading this thread??

Daniel Hall at IceTV

If the channel names and guide data get completely screwed up the best option is to clear out all the previous cached guide and channel scan information.

You can use the instructions found at:

For XP - http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=156&faq_cat_id=11

For Vista - http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=155&faq_cat_id=21

Once this is done a standard "Setup Guide Listings" will get you back up and running.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

hcornea

Thanks Daniel,

That has (sort of) fixed it.  Although still required several attempts to match the guide listings successfully.
One thing I note, is that if a listing has matched with more than one LCN that seems to confuse VMC - and sometimes no listings are displayed for on of the channels, even if the other is disabled.

Also - you have to use Task Manager to show processes for all users, and Kill all Media Centre Processes to clear the EPG directory.

Any chance IceTV could set this directory and the channel xml listing automatically?

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 21, 2009, 12:22:17 AM
If the channel names and guide data get completely screwed up the best option is to clear out all the previous cached guide and channel scan information.

You can use the instructions found at:

For XP - http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=156&faq_cat_id=11

For Vista - http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=155&faq_cat_id=21

Once this is done a standard "Setup Guide Listings" will get you back up and running.

Well, not sure if that would have helped - I too found that no listings are displayed for some channels, which changes after each scan.  As I said, I gave up after several scans - only missing SBS News now.  Not about  to try anything else, may make things worse.  :-\

However, may as well mention my disappointment in IceTV.  I have always found everyone very helpful, but things seem to have gotten worse.  There were a few situations when I sent an email and never got a reply.  This time, I phoned last Saturday about this very problem at a time I thought someone would be there, but got voicemail.  Still holding my breath for someone to phone me back.  I mention it because it is not the kind of service I am used to from IceTV.   :o
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,