‘Home and Away Catch-Up Episodes’ not marked as repeats

Started by dJOS, February 15, 2009, 06:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

GF loves this show but I think it is a waste of bad actors and HDD space.  ;D

anyway, the Catch-Up Episodes’ are not marked as repeats (eg todays)

Cheers Derek.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Mitch IceGuide

That was a conscious decision not to mark as 'r' as so many people seemed to miss the original screenings last week. Sorry for those who doubled up. Thanks.

dJOS

Thanks Mitch, do some ppl really not know how to record repeats or single events?  ???
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

tonymy01

That is a strange statement?
The idea of Interactive is that it is (meant) to be an automated method to get the shows you want to watch without human intervention.   To achieve what you have said, someone would need to be constantly keeping an eye on the guide and, if they are not at home/near their PVR, determine if they actually got the (whole) show in the first place in the case of these repeat viewings.
I think it is better to not have the repeat flag for anything in question, or anything that was re-run due to a technical problem (and/or bulletins etc that move the guide around last minute before ICE could propagate the changes thru), than to have the flag there and have people miss recording it as they weren't looking at the guide.
Some people rely on this to record their shows while away/whatever, and it isn't convenient to even check the guide.
I checked the guide over 3G while in Germany (roaming with Optus), and got a $40ish data bill for the privileges, so I don't plan on doing *that* again..
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

zoszos68

I did not know there where catch up episodes on Sunday (yes I watch the show) but many missed them due to the bushfires news.
Yes it's a bad event so much news was on and I understand many would want to know about the bushfires. So I agree with what Ice has done.

On a personal note after a while it the news got just a bit to much (Uncle works for council as a ranger putting down dead animals his old house may have burnt etc) and all the news. Plus I'm in between the Gippsland and KInglake etc fires and the smell of smoke and haze is too much to bare at times.

So Ice you did your best with the late changes etc yes I had to manual a bit but hey there was a good reason.
Kevin