Guides, versions and support

Started by Defrost, February 14, 2009, 10:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defrost

Well, I won't make any rash comments but having just subscribed for twelve months after not using the service for a while I am somewhat bemused by the retrogression. I update to the 3.1 to find that the guide don't work, after many efforts, so I downgrade to 3.03 after some time trouble shooting, then I only get sbs and abc2 in my guide. back in the day when I first purchased my hybrid I was very pleased with the way it all worked, now I have spent more time searching for fixes than using the app. 

Sadly scanning down the forum it seems many of my issues are here and scarcely any have been addressed, is there a rep on this forum, having a site to post issues without any resolution process can't be good for business, I certainly would not have paid a subscription had I read this forum first.

Anyway, I have emailed elgato and have left my contact on Ice support. Maybe I am missing something but my time is worth more than the subscription cost and for a person who feels fairly comfortable with technology I am about to lose interest in this app.

Dave. Albany WA (Perth region)

Marc

Hi.

IceTV staff do read these forums, but the best way to get a response is probably via our contact page (which you said you've done... thanks).

EyeTV 3.1 should work well, so I'd recommend contacting our support team to resolve any issues. I'm running it here and haven't noticed any issues.

In the past I've found that Elgato's Master Cleanser script has been a good way to reset EyeTV 3 to it's defaults so it can be set up again. For whatever reason, sometimes some issues get hard to troubleshoot and that's been an easy way to fix things.

Elgato's Master Cleanser script download link is on this page:
http://forums.elgato.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1813&p=8984&hilit=master+cleanser&sid=163e278afc844a284c35d44f5fb4c09f#p8984

Defrost

Thanks for the suggestion, but Alex(?) did say that 3.1 had known issues, I will wait for the call from Daniel that he said would be forthcoming before I install the upgrade -again. If I don't hear, I'll give the cleanser a go.

ps do you have another link please, that one takes me to a forum link but that link is dead. As is http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=116

Further to this I did install 3.1 and call Daniel who simply told me to assign the channels for analogue, a simple thing that I don't remember having to do but before but I may have simply forgotten. Anyhow....mixed messages but it all seems good now.

Marc

Good to hear it's working.

I can't seem to find a link for the Elgato Master Cleanser script. Looks like it was deleted when Elgato made some recent forum changes. Sorry.

me

Quote from: Marc at IceTV on February 28, 2009, 02:31:14 PM
I can't seem to find a link for the Elgato Master Cleanser script. Looks like it was deleted when Elgato made some recent forum changes. Sorry.

Get MasterCleanser here: web.aanet.com.au/hamono/EyeTV_master_cleanser.zip

me

Elgato now recommend using EyeTV Reporter:

http://eyetvbeta.s3.amazonaws.com/eyetv_reporter_11_109.zip

That gives more fine grained control over removing parts of EyeTV.

me