Ten rebranding

Started by Stunkrat, February 11, 2009, 03:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 12, 2009, 08:47:05 PM
While the channel names for most systems should be "ONE Digital" and "Ten Digital" (especially for Media Center which uses channel names instead of LCN's for channel mapping), the names under the website and widgets can be different and should now be "ONE" and "Ten" respectively.

Good work Daniel!!!!

mtb

So let me get this right... if we don't give a damn about sport (which we don't) and the new channels are all about sport (which they appear to be) then we don't actually have to do a thing (except perhaps delete them when we do eventually need to do a rescan) - correct?

24/7 sport... gee, how truly bori-ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...........
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Andy

Not sure why I therefore lost 10 (Channel Ten) listings from my Guide last night on both media centres if nothing changed on this channel - just a good job there was nothing set to record.

I also lost my Channel 7 listings and I'm not sure that there was anything changing there but since it was on two media centres I'd guess it was something at the Ice end?

Was it just me? If it wasn't then please can you confirm that the change is now done and there won't need to be another update?

Andy

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Unfortunately whenever there is a change to the channel line up it can cause Media Center's guide listings to go a little haywire, this doesn't happen on all systems however.

This is why whenever a change is forced on us we make the most of it and tidy things up that need tidying.

At this stage we are envisioning two more changes this year depending on what 7 and 9 do for there secondary channels as part of Freeview. As always we will be notifying everyone when we know what these changes will entail.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

j s

Discovered today that (in Sydney anyway) One Digital (SD) is already carrying a simulcast of One HD,  I thought this wasn't supposed to happen till March 26?

Those with SD only STBs can now get the previously HD only sports broadcast that Ten has been showing.

Trial_Master

Quote from: j s on February 13, 2009, 04:58:46 PM
Discovered today that (in Sydney anyway) One Digital (SD) is already carrying a simulcast of One HD,  I thought this wasn't supposed to happen till March 26?

Those with SD only STBs can now get the previously HD only sports broadcast that Ten has been showing.

One Digital is a simulcast of ONE HD. Since ONE HD hasn't launched yet it's a SD simulcast of TEN HD. The changes you see were announced by Network TEN and have been rolled out in all the capitals I think, certainly the East Coast ones anyway.

j s

Quote from: Trial_Master on February 13, 2009, 05:03:43 PM
Quote from: j s on February 13, 2009, 04:58:46 PM

One Digital is a simulcast of ONE HD. Since ONE HD hasn't launched yet it's a SD simulcast of TEN HD. The changes you see were announced by Network TEN and have been rolled out in all the capitals I think, certainly the East Coast ones anyway.
Whatever the names are the point I was making is that TEN now has two differing SD channels meaing that viewers with SD only tuners can now see the (mostly sport) content previously available only to those with HD tuners.

Trial_Master

Until the ONE channel launches. Yep you are correct   :)

prl

I got my email from IceTV today suggesting I rescan (ACT, Black Mountain transmitters). When I rescanned, I just got the same old SC10 services. Looks like the ONE revolution hasn't hit the boondocks of the national capital yet :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

dJOS

Quote from: Andy on February 13, 2009, 10:05:54 AM
Not sure why I therefore lost 10 (Channel Ten) listings from my Guide last night on both media centres if nothing changed on this channel - just a good job there was nothing set to record.

I also lost my Channel 7 listings and I'm not sure that there was anything changing there but since it was on two media centres I'd guess it was something at the Ice end?

Was it just me? If it wasn't then please can you confirm that the change is now done and there won't need to be another update?

Andy

I did too!

I just did a full reconfig / scan etc in the hope that it wouldn't happen again as the other day I lost 7 and 10.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on February 13, 2009, 09:54:05 PM
I got my email from IceTV today suggesting I rescan (ACT, Black Mountain transmitters). When I rescanned, I just got the same old SC10 services. Looks like the ONE revolution hasn't hit the boondocks of the national capital yet :)

Yeah, its a shame too, Southern Cross Ten have already announced that they will be carrying the ONE HD feed, but not when the channels names will change, what they will change to, or whether they will be offering it from when the new content starts on March 26th.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 14, 2009, 12:56:18 AM
Quote from: prl on February 13, 2009, 09:54:05 PM

Yeah, its a shame too, Southern Cross Ten have already announced that they will be carrying the ONE HD feed, but not when the channels names will change, what they will change to, or whether they will be offering it from when the new content starts on March 26th.
I couldn't find anything about the timetable for Freeview on Southern Cross Broadcasting's Web site, either. They haven't posted a press release there since Oct 2007. It had a bit of a dusty feel about it :)

I imagine that when ONE kicks in on the metropolitan stations, the only HD feed available to SC Ten will be ONE HD. My recent experience is that SC Ten appears to have been skimping fairly heavily on what they've taken from the Ten HD feed. It'll be interesting to see what they do. Not that I really care about what's on ONE. From their press release, their sports lineup seems to be one big yawn. Not even any Proper Cricket.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I don't know whether this has anything to do with the reconfigurations around Ten's ONE HD, but I see The Late Show (23:20 weekdays) on SC10 HD ACT in my Beyonwiz EPG, and in the Mac Dashboard widget, but not on my IceTV Guide. I don't watch it, so I don't really care, but just a heads-up. I have Southern Cross TEN Capital HD ticked in my ACT region setup in my account page on the IceTV Web.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use