Ten rebranding

Started by Stunkrat, February 11, 2009, 03:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stunkrat

Ten have rebranded themselves in sydney today, after a rescan of channel 11 I now have:

LCN10 Ten Digital
LCN11 One HD
LCN12 One Digital

So Ten HD has moved LCNs, LCN12 now has the second SD channel (andit has an ugly great SD2 bug in the top left corner). My questions are, do ICE need to change anything at their end, and if they do when is it going to happen?

Thanks.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There is also:

LCN1 One HD

Looks like they have sprung this one without warning for anyone sadly.

From the release that went out from Ten not everyone is changing today (with some changes not going through until next week), but at most there will be some channel name changes, and the channel associated with LCN 12 will need to change as well.

Will post again when these changes are made.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

LCN1 I think would bet the primary TenHD channel, 11 is an alias.
So it used to be way back:
10,1=TenSD (I used "10" at the time to access the SD channel, but some used 1)
12=TenHD
Then they changed mid to late last year:
1,12=TenHD
10=TenSD
And now finally:
1,11=TenHD/OneHD (sniff, goodbye TenHD, I knew you well).
10=TenSD
12=OneSD

So the main change really is the LCN12 (which was a HD alias to 1) has become the new SD channel (this is all very well detailed in a Ten press release last year about their new "ONE" channels).
LCN11 appears to just be there to fill the top bunch of channels with a few extras to make people's STB/etc who aren't using faves and/or deleting extras show more of the Ten channel (and maybe for those that never bothered to rescan and have been used to watching HD on 12 can now watch on 11?)
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Stunkrat

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 11, 2009, 03:45:54 PM
There is also:

LCN1 One HD

From the release that went out from Ten not everyone is changing today (with some changes not going through until next week), but at most there will be some channel name changes, and the channel associated with LCN 12 will need to change as well.

Thanks Daniel.

prl

Ten also has a release announcing the kickoff time for ONE:
QuoteNetwork Ten will kick off Australia's first free-to-air 24-hour sports channel, ONE, on Thursday 26 March 2009 at 7.30 pm with an exciting program of top sporting action.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

In summary (from Ten) the changes are:

• Logical Channel Number (LCN) 1 will change its service name from "TEN HD" to "ONE
HD". There will be no other technical changes to this channel.
• LCN 10 will not change, but the second audio component which provided audio in Dolby
Digital (AC-3) 2/0 will no longer exist.
• LCN 11 will be added to the service list and mirror the service on Channel 1. For an
interim period, the program information on this channel will carry a fixed advisory
message for viewers.
• LCN 12 will change its service name from "TEN HD" to "ONE Digital". This channel will
change from a high definition channel to standard definition. For an interim period, the
program information on this channel will carry a fixed advisory message for viewers.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 11, 2009, 03:45:54 PM
There is also:

LCN1 One HD

Daniel, I had a look in the media releases on the Ten corporate Web site, and I couldn't find anything about the LCN change timetable. Have they posted it anywhere public?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Not that I know of, as a member of certain industry groups correspondence came through with the above mentioned changes. The dates specified for the changes was:

"These changes will occur on-air from Wednesday 11th February, 2009 or the following week on 18th February 2009"
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall on February 11, 2009, 04:14:15 PM
Not that I know of, as a member of certain industry groups correspondence came through with the above mentioned changes. The dates specified for the changes was:

"These changes will occur on-air from Wednesday 11th February, 2009 or the following week on 18th February 2009"

OK, thanks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

zoszos68

I just scanned here in Melbourne on my STB (will do on Vista media Center when Ice change the guide names) and OneHD is there (well name change till loss of tv shows in HD).

Any idea when you will add the new OneHD name to the guide.
Kevin

melmac

So I just went in to my interactive and all my programs that were to record on Ten HD now have little yellow triangles next to them indicating a problem, I notice that it is now marked as One HD in the interactive and not Ten HD do I have to do a rescan ? will it fix itself the next time my HTPC updates via Ice should I just ingnore the interactive as they will record anyway ?

Some further Information would be helpful I do not want to miss any of my shows

Mel

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The names in the guides have been updated. We will getting an email out shortly to notify of the change (similar to when SBS 2 changed names).

In terms of IceTV Interactive and Media Center, as this is the only system that relies on channel name and not LCN for remote scheduling then this is where you may encounter problems, in this case the best option is to check that the guide is now showing up for channel 1 as "ONE HD" and if not go into "Add listings to channel" and assign it again, once done you will then need to go into IceTV Interactive and "Re-schedule recording" from the My Upcoming Shows screen as shows that have failed to schedule do not automatically retry.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Trial_Master

On Interactive does the SD channel need to be called ONE Dig? Why not follow existing naming convention of other channels and have ONE & ONE HD?

tonymy01

"One Digital" (which is the name as presented by the broadcaster when you rescan) is an SD duplicate of "One HD".   "Ten Digital" is as Ten calls it, is their primary SD channel.   
Should ICE give them different names to the broadcaster, and confuse the masses even further (look at the freeview website and dtvforums for how much confusion the OneSD/HD is causing people), or should they keep them as the names that the broadcaster intended?   I would say number 2, at least for the time being until people understand what OneDig, OneHD, Ten Digital are.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

While the channel names for most systems should be "ONE Digital" and "Ten Digital" (especially for Media Center which uses channel names instead of LCN's for channel mapping), the names under the website and widgets can be different and should now be "ONE" and "Ten" respectively.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.