Main Menu

Underbelly

Started by ddj147, February 04, 2009, 10:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddj147

I notice that the current entry for Underbelly on Channel 9 on Monday does not fit with the Standard format of breaking up Program Name & Episode Name.  Could this please be corrected.

Gary

I think you will find that it does.

Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities is the program name.

The episode is called Bad Habits.

prl

Speaking of Underbelly, has anyone seen any promos that say it will be in HD on the regionals? IceTV is showing N/A for the timeslot on WinHD for the ACT. IceTV shows it as on HD in Sydney.

I've set it to record on both SD and HD on Monday. I'll post back what it records.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

The program title is "Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities".

Monday night was initially scheduled without an ep title while we were waiting to verify information but this is in now. It's a 2 hour premiere that combines two episodes - "Aussie Bob & Kiwi Terry" and "Bad Habits".

Also, we did debate whether to schedule it as plain old "Underbelly" but it's actually a completely different, self-contained series with new characters and stories.

Thanks

edit: With regards to HD, we simply don't know for WIN etc. whether it will be shown on the HD channel or not. If we receive feedback from subscribers that it does screen on the HD channel then we will add it for future episodes.

ddj147

Quote from: Madeleine IceGuide on February 05, 2009, 12:06:27 PM

The program title is "Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities".

Oops, sorry.  My ignorance !  Thx so much for the prompt response.

jaspa

I have seen an ad for it in WIN HD - So I am assuming that they will show it. I have noticed that when ever I scheduler a recording in WIN HD - it always shows  an ERROR (Yellow Triangle with Explanation mark).

Gordon

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Past experiences (eg. WIN not showing cricket in HD even though it is HD) have taught us that the only reliable way to tell is for someone to see the program when it airs. You may, for example, have seen a promo for Underbelly while the HD channel was simulcasting WIN SD.

Rather than risk subscribers missing the program altogether by guessing it will be on WIN HD tonight, we feel it's best to schedule it as SD only for now.

That of course will change if/when we receive feedback to the contrary.

Thanks

prl

During last Friday's Cricket ODI against NZ on WIN ACT SD, I saw an overlay ad advertising the match broadcast in HD. Which wasn't available on WIN ACT.

But anyway, I've scheduled my Beyonwiz to record both SD and HD for Underbelly's timeslot tonight, and I'll post back. And along the way, I've discovered that it's a very bad idea to set "Any time" in a program titled N/A Channel Nine :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

jaspa

Yep this is showing on WIN HD (Canberra)

Gordon

prl

Quote from: jaspa on February 09, 2009, 09:34:12 PM
Yep this is showing on WIN HD (Canberra)

Gordon

Yep. I can confirm that the full double episode of Underbelly screened on WIN ACT HD.

Glad to help Nine advertise their content properly :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Madeleine IceGuide

Thanks. The rest of the series will be scheduled on HD.

prl

Quote from: Madeleine IceGuide on February 10, 2009, 08:56:05 AM
Thanks. The rest of the series will be scheduled on HD.

Thank you. I see the changes in the Web Guide, and I've updated my timer for the HD broadcast. I think I might keep the SD recording for a week or two, just to make sure.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

freewuns

On the WIN issue of HD and the cricket....we get the same graphic here on the Sunshine Coast telling us about its transmission in HD blah blah! I work across the road from the local WIN office so I went and asked if I could speak to a tech......eventually saw one.

"All programming and video comes from Brisbane and retransmitted here in SD with the odd repeat of a repeat of a repeat movie in HD. One day Nine/WIN will get around to doing the cricket in HD on the sushine coast" were his words. When I asked why WIN can play some crap movie in HD and not the cricket he just shrugged his shoulders!

Im guessing it all comes down to $$ and licencing and WIN dont want to pay the $$ to the parent company. Not sure about anywhere else but WIN has more down time on digital TV on the sunny coast than it is on air (only very slight exageration)! I own a business and there is no way on earth I would advertise with these guys due to their downtime......probably why they dont have the $$ to spend on HD  lol