How does the last_mod parameter work?

Started by seanbarnett, February 09, 2009, 02:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanbarnett

Hello,

I have done two successive HTTP get operations:

The last_mod parameter value in the second URL is cut-and-paste from the date attribute of the tv element returned by the first URL:

<tv date="20090209033020" source-info-url="http://www.icetv.com.au" source-info-
name="IceTV Pty. Ltd." generator-info-name="IceTV Pty. Ltd." generator-info-url=
"http://www.icetv.com.au">

I was expecting the second URL to return no programme elements, but both URLs return exactly the same size response ... around 1 megabyte.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Russell at IceTV

Hi Sean,

It appears that the URL argument was changed at some point from "last_mod" to "mod_time".  I'll have to look into it to find out more, but the quick answer is to use "mod_time" and it should behave as expected.

Thanks for reporting it,
Russell

seanbarnett

Russell,

thanks for the quick response, and of course it worked just fine.

One further question though. When I run two GET operations by hand one after the other, and the second one having a mod_time parameter cut-and-paste from the UTC value in the first response (tv element's date attribute) I get about 70 odd programme entries ... I was expecting no entries.

However, if I advance the value of the parameter 11 hours (to local time) I do get no entries returned.

I am guessing that:

• mod_time works on local server time (Melbourne???); or
  • mod_time works on my local time (seems unlikely); or
  • mod_time works on UTC, but there is some more complex business logic at play in deciding what gets returned.
Any advice or thoughts appreciated, and again thanks for the quick response to the previous post.

Russell at IceTV

Hi Sean, sorry for the delay.

There was a problem with the timezones -- it was using the server time but it should have been using your timezone.  It should be fixed now so give it another shot and let me know if you have any more problems with it.  I've also modified it to allow either "mod_time" or "last_mod".

Russell