ICETV Server is busy channel map data cannot be received - Topfield 7100

Started by whmacs, February 01, 2009, 06:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whmacs

Hi,
I'm running the latest released firmware. After a factory reset guide data was downloaded. Now the guide is empty and I continually get the message "ICETV Server is busy channel map data can't be received, try a agin in 2 minutes"

If I go into EGP settings I can "ping" the ice server. In LCN mappings I have ABC1 as either 2 or 21 and Ten Sydney 1 or 12. My guide is set to Central Coast and I don't have Ten Sydney selected as a channel as central coast uses Prime.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stephen

whmacs

Guys,
Spoke with Daniel about this issue. He said it was a known problem with the latest firmware. I rolled back to the Oct 08 firmware over a week ago and have had no IceTV issues since.

Regards,
Stephen

hcpunk

I've been getting the same error with a new TF7100HDPVRt too.

I bought it directly from IceTV and it came with the latest firmware (20090317) already installed. Not happy that it doesn't work out of the box, especially if the problem is a known issue! I've logged a support ticket so we'll see if the solution has become any more sophisticated than downgrading the firmware ;D

hcpunk

In some ways this is kind of embarrassing but I'll share it anyway, in the interest of helping other users ;)

To get it working (and I can't believe I didn't try it sooner) I just had to switch the unit off & on again. Logically there's no reason why that should help but there you go, it worked for me, and I'm glad I didn't need to stuff around with the firmware to fix it. Hopefully the support guys will pop that into their troubleshooting FAQs, just in case.

Chopsus

I did this and I now have the HD program information, but nothing for most of the SD channels still (ABC1 and SBS1 have info, but not 7, 9 & 10 SD channels)

bridiek

I am experiencing the same problem. I have the most recent firmware updates and am hoping I do not have to downgrade my firmware. I have also tried switching the unit off and on but this has made no difference at all.

Has anyone else had any success resolving this problem???

bridiek

Ok, just thought I'd post on here because I have managed to sort mine out.

I received a 3 month free subscription when I bought my topfield. I entered the codes etc provided and then got connected but kept getting the ICETV server is busy screen.

The free subscription card did mention that I would need to enter my Topfield serial number but I wasn't ever asked for it. However, I went into my ICETV account I was able to enter my device label (serial number) and device type (topfield). After a quick reboot of the PVR and a short wait of about 2 minutes, I was then able to access my full EPG!