SBS Name Changes

Started by zoszos68, February 01, 2009, 04:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoszos68

Was rescanning my channels today and notice here in Melbourne thats SBS has new channels names.
They are: SBS1 = SBS SD (3)
              SBSHD = SBS HD (30)
              SBS2 = SBS World News (as far as I can see) (32)
              SBS3 = SBS SD (33)
              SBS4 = SBS SD (34)

I know that the SBS2 has Worlds News content so far, so most likey no need to change your name for it, but do you know if it will have new content and will you change it's name etc.
And if you did not know then I'm glad to have helped.
Kevin.

Edit: It seems you did know as when I added the guide data/renamed the channels SBS2 was my only logical choice to use and it worked giving me the correct data. I have no idea how long this change has been about. Should search web/here in future first.

prl

SBS3 and SBS4 are new services (though they just have SBS SD content at the mometn), and you won't see them unless you rescan.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The change itself came about last Thursday, once we confirmed that SBS 2 was the old SBS News we updated the numbering and names on Friday and also sent an email out to everyone advising to re-scan and also with a link to the SBS website with additional information.

As Peter said as well, SBS 3 and SBS 4 are available but they are just copies of SBS 1 at this stage (similar to 7 Digital 1, 7 Digital 2 and 6 Digital 3) and currently do not have any guide associated with them.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.