Lost connection with WGT634U running ICE software

Started by bobkt, January 14, 2009, 02:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobkt

Hi

I have been running a Netgear WGT634U flashed with ICE software for around 18 months with no problem.  I enabled WEP.  Recently I had to reset my wireless router and lost the WEP key and can't find my hardcopy.
I created a new key and tried to connect the WGT634U using the internet port and a 192.168.1.1 address with my PC set to 192.168.1.2, but had no success.

I did a factory reset on the WGT634U, but still couldn't connect.  I have also tried connecting to one of the ports and various addresses above the 192.168.1.1 e.g 192.168.1.5, but all with success.

I would appreciate any advice on how to connect to the unit after the sort of occurrence described above.

Usinga an ip address scanner I was able to solve this problem.  So, I thought I advise the solution in case someone else has the same problem.  The unit defaulted ( I assume after the reset) to an IP address of 192.168.1.17.  When I used this address and connnected via the Internet port I was able to see the ice interface.  Most of my settings had been retained and I could change the wireless settings for my new WEP.