Windows 7

Started by vicksterm69, January 12, 2009, 12:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicksterm69

Hi All.

I installed Win 7 yesterday and had no problem with ice epg within media center.
However in the log files I have the below error.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ehiProxy, Version=6.0.6000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ehiProxy, Version=6.0.6000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at IceTV.MainForm.update_recordings_padding()
   at IceTV.MainForm.doUpdate()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Although this is reported I have all channels listed and working.

Must comment on the win 7 os-alot faster than previous os(Vista Ultimate)
setup took under 20 mins with clean install and it installed most of my devices(except Digitalnow TinyTwin).

Attached jpeg of media center with epg.

Would love to hear from anyone else braving the Beta.

Cheers
Victoria

Daniel Hall at IceTV

You're not actually seeing the IceTV Guide in Windows 7. You would have gotten an error in the setup to say that a downloaded guide is not available and it will try and get guide information over the broadcast signal, and that error message is to be expected as IceTV Interactive is currently compiled against Windows Vista and all of the guide information has changed in Windows 7.

We are still working on getting a way to load the guide into Windows 7, along with a way to get IceTV Interactive working and once we have a beta that people can test we will make it available.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

vicksterm69

Thanks Daniel.

Any idea what epg win 7 is using?

Cheers
Vic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

What you are currently seeing is the broadcasted guide.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Nigel Roden

Some development of 3rd party guide data into Win 7 media centre has been made here:

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/windows-7-discussion-suggestions/34626-windows-7-3rd-party-epg-via-loadmxf.html

Cheers,
Nigel

Nigel Roden

Niall over here

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/windows-7-discussion-suggestions/34626-windows-7-3rd-party-epg-via-loadmxf-2.html

Success at getting the guide data in! Kudos to Niall be the first to do it! Check it out!  ;D

dJOS

Niall has been able to use IceTV's XML feed via his methodolgy too - I suggest IceTV get in contact with him and perhaps contract him to assist porting IceTV Interactive to Win7.

As soon as IceTV EPG is viable on Win7 I'll be moving to it - it's a major improvement over Vista in pretty much every area!
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Nigel Roden

Same here, as soon as there is some ice tv beta or something, the switch will happen very quickly!

SOULVISITOR

Guide data seems fully naturally present, and from what I'm reading here thats without iceTV being interfaced at all. Will this stay the case, I wonder.

I'm finding all aspects of Win7 Media centre excels in operation and ease of use and the speed, compared with either MCE or VCE.

Analog and digital tuners, mixed setup is now finally working, ie FM analog and dual digital tuners. I never had both (analog and digital) running before without hacking the reg.

Channel setup and tuner detection ran perfect on only one... yes one use, of the damn Setup routine.

I did no setup guide listings, when I did I got the famous  "guide data not available".

Guide data was just there, today, all perfectly alocated and named to channels. Shock and wonder this was, to not have to endure the scan channels, setup listings, edit channels etc, as I'm sure, all us media center users have endured many times over and over in the past.

Rest of Win 7 still has some issues, some 64bit quirks and a few  spacing/font issues amounst some other random bearable beta bugs, but this is not the realm for such talk.

I must say Win7 Media Centre Rocks!!! and I'm so surprised to have complete guide data correctly, auto allocated, pretty much perfectly to my channels. I came to thank IceTV, but now I'm confused, have Microsoft finally got it right for us Ozzie users

Cooney

Glad you're loving W7 mate. If I'm not mistaken though the 'guide' data you refer to is just the DVBT channel info broadcast with the signal, like what yourtypical Digital tv can display with it's guide.

Anyone know if this will work with series linking?

Even if it's almost full functionality I'll probably keep my ice tv sub for the iPhone and iPod app and remote setting of programs capability.

dgaust

The guide data available over EIT is woefully inadequate.... try schedule a sports recording on channel 9 - everything's Wide World of Sports no matter if it's swimming, football, cricket or even badminton. Movies are all "Saturday Night at the Movies", instead of the actual title.

There are also no episode names for series and repeats aren't flagged (Except for an occasional - Rpt) in the show name.

This who think the native EIT data is anything close to the quality of the Ice product just can't be serious.