Series recording not queuing (IceTV server side)

Started by prl, January 09, 2009, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

:-[ My confusion about the support advice. Sorry.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grahford

Quote from: prl on February 10, 2009, 04:21:29 PM
:-[ My confusion about the support advice. Sorry.

Don't be.  I am not very good at writing clear and concise forum messages :)  I try, I really do.  But when I read them back the next day I confuse even myself.  Maybe I should stop trying so hard to be clear and concise :)

Vortical

My wife watches Bold & Beautiful and Neighbours every weekday and all of a sudden since yesterday they don't seem to be queuing anymore along with other random timers that work then don't work.  Another is Top Gear last time I deleted the series recording waited 24 hours then recreated it, It queued the week afterwards and now it's not queuing again for next weeks episode.

Also only 1 out of 7 timers are queued for Monday February 16th on my account. I know I've been told that you need to wait for them to get queued as data is getting entered but I'm dead sure the 6 that don't have the series recording queued icons that usually always show up won't be queued by tomorrow judging by past experience.

Because of my manual checks everyday they don't get missed but this is getting beyond the joke.

I literally can't trust IceTV's servers to accurately queue everything and I don't want to pay to check things myself.
I just wish we'd get some sort of official response on this.

bruiser333

Quote from: Vortical on February 10, 2009, 05:09:46 PM
Because of my manual checks everyday they don't get missed but this is getting beyond the joke.

I don't understand why the Ice team appear mute on this issue; they certainly contribute to other topics. Mind you, I logged a ticket regarding my occurrence last week, and I haven't heard back from Ice as yet.

Come on Ice, please get this fixed ???

Vortical

So far 6 out of the seven now appear to have scheduled by themselves.

Still waiting on Top Gear now.

willys

I found that I had to delete all of my previous favourites and series recording using interactive wait a day then reload them to get the timers to upload to my MacMini. All of the timers managed to work except for "Good News Week" tonight on Ten, the timer appeared but contained no Metadata. I think this is more to do with the channel ten updates and the mapping of channels on eyetv than anything to do with Ice.

The other thing I have had to do was set the mini to be always on with the hard drive set to turn off when not required instead of allowing the mac mini to sleep and eyetv to wake the mini to check the timers. I have read in a few forums that OSX 10.5 has trouble with the wake up function.

It would be good if interactie gave you the ability to delete all favourites and all timers, in case you decide to delete everything and start again. I have a lot of favourites that I don't care about too much, but can't be bothered deleting individually.

The fact that the programs update after deleting and re setting in interactive seems like there was a bug with Ice. I love what the Ice guys are doing and I'm not too concerned by a few bugs every now and then.

Vortical

Another timer that was not queued

10/3 Lie To Me
Topfield 7100 Series Recording (Ignore Repeats)
Missing any type of record icon in Upcoming Timers List
Also listed as schedule to record on Beyonwiz S1 which is wrong

Manually updated under My Shows and this corrected the problem

Vortical

Just curious if anyone is still seeing this happening with scheduling series recordings on the website?

I have not had any problems for some time now and I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding it's now working ok?

I've not had any response from any IceTV Reps through the forum and I was never contacted via email after they advised someone would be in contact.
If the problem was found and fixed it'd certainly be nice to know.  I'd love to be able to remove all the favourite green hearts and place my trust in Ice scheduling all recordings correctly again.