Series recording not queuing (IceTV server side)

Started by prl, January 09, 2009, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itstonyb

Yesterday I set up IceTV to record Carla Cometti and Long Way Down as "series recordings", however on my BW they are only showing as "once only" recordings. The icons are definately multiple red on my ice tv guide.

Any help appreciated.

Tony B

tonymy01

All ICE interactive recordings are sent as single recordings.   Otherwise you would get into strife if the show changes timeslots (clashing timers with itself).   You must leave your Wiz connected to the net for the timers to update, and you still won't miss it.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

itstonyb

Vortical

Mine is still not queuing items for Nine SD and SBS SD.  ???
Shows are Food Safari, Flashpoint & The Mentalist, Series Recordings Set to First Runs Only and only record on Set Channels noted above.

When I click on the shows it states it's part of a series recording but it is incorrectly listed as set to record on device 0 when it should be set to record on device 1.

I've deleted the series recordings and will re-create them tomorrow.
I hope someone at IceTV is trying to figure this problem out, it's annoying having to check timers everyday to see if any got missed. :-\

bruiser333

I've just realised that Interactive has not created timers for at least two Series recordings that have just started back after the tennis. The Series recordings for these shows worked fine last season, but not now.

Similar issue; the show has no recording icon against it at all in Interactive, but if you select it in the guide it says it is part of a Series Recording. There is no timer conflict at play, they just didn't queue a timer in Interactive at all.

A bit annoying really; it defeats the purpose if you have to check the timer list IMO.

tonymy01

That usually happens if you set it up to be a "first runs" series, but find ICE have marked the show as a repeat.   It can obviously also happen if you setup which channel you want it to record from and the channel that the show is now on has changed (hmm, does this remember things like SBS changing...)
regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

bruiser333

They are set up as "first runs", but the shows are not flagged as repeats, and the channel has not changed. In both instances, I clicked the Record button which not only queued a timer, but gave it the series recording icon, not a single recording icon.

It looks to be a fault in Interactive; I've seen it happen before (but normally when I'm setting up new series recordings, and I change something).

Vortical

Quote from: bruiser333 on February 03, 2009, 12:58:08 AM
They are set up as "first runs", but the shows are not flagged as repeats, and the channel has not changed. In both instances, I clicked the Record button which not only queued a timer, but gave it the series recording icon, not a single recording icon.

It looks to be a fault in Interactive; I've seen it happen before (but normally when I'm setting up new series recordings, and I change something).

Yep same story here bruiser, I check and double check the ones it's missing then leave it for a day after the programs appear not to get scheduled.
In the end I delete and re-create the series timers if they don't show up.

I've found a few more where that were set for my device 0 pvr and some of those were not getting queued either.

The easiest workaround is to make sure every single timer is set as a favourite and then every day you need to check to see which ones it missed that were not repeats.
It's definately some bug with Ice Interactive but because it's so random I can understand it'd be difficult for IceTV staff to pinpoint.

They were previously monitoring my account for these anomolies, but the corresponence from them stopped months ago and I'm not sure if they are still monitoring it.

tonymy01

Quote from: bruiser333 on February 03, 2009, 12:58:08 AM
Yeah, I saw this at DST transition time when I deleted all the Beyonwiz timers from the Wiz interface.  No amount of choosing that "resend" option from ICE would get the timers sent for that week.   ICE new I had series recordings for the shows still, as it didn't give series record options apart from cancel.  It did give a "record" option per show, and when I chose this, it did get the red dot or queued red dot on the entries (and the timers sent up to the Wiz).   Was painful to do this for everything though.   The interface is quirky when you are changing anything (and/or removing a timer from the PVR), that is for sure.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Vortical

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 03, 2009, 05:44:12 AM
h.   The interface is quirky when you are changing anything (and/or removing a timer from the PVR), that is for sure.
Regards

I've found if you want to delete something then recreate a recording or series recording for it it's best to delete it on one day then re-recreate it the next.
Since doing things this way I've had a lot less glitchiness.

Stunkrat

Brothers & Sisters not queued for tonight, angry wife and daughter! Grey's Anatomy not queued either, but we've caught that one.

Please fix this, IceTV.

Vortical

I've put in another offical notification on this today as we don't seem to be getting any replies on this matter here.

Mines still having issues but now it's happening on both my Ice Interactive devices.

prl

grahford had a similar problem with House not getting scheduled when it restarted. So far I haven't had any problems with any timers not restarting after the end of the silly season.

The explanation that he posted as having received from IceTV support didn't make much sense to me.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

I have had a House series record for a while now (6 or 7months perhaps?  Pretty much since Interactive started, anyway), and it scheduled just fine for my Wiz these last 2 weeks, so I don't think that explanation is quite right in the other thread.
Regards
Tony

grahford

I should point out that the advice I got from Tech Support was the result of me asking how to set up to record a show that had returned from being off air.  I used House as an example because it had recently failed to record for me.  I assumed it was a bug where it thought the non-ratings gap was the end of a season and I was looking for a way to stop it happening again.

Tech support replied directly to my question by talking about keyword searching.  That they didn't mention House not recording made me assume it must be normal behaviour.  The person answering my query probably didn't realise there was a deeper issue with my series recording of House and simply responded to what seemed to be a straight forward question.

The thread Peter linked to is me whinging about how I didn't understand what the point of the Favourites section was because I couldn't use it to get around this 'bug' :)  I have since been set straight.