Series recording not queuing (IceTV server side)

Started by prl, January 09, 2009, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Yesterday afternoon (Thurs 8 Jan) I set up a series recording for Carla Cametti PD (SBS Thurs 2030). When I set up the recording I forgot to set "This channel only", and it decided it'd be a good thing to record it on both SBS and SBS HD. So I changed the options on the recording to "SBS" from any channel and clicked Update, and it correctly removed the recording on SBS HD.

The recording ran last night (Thurs 8 Jan), as expected. But today it is not showing the "Queued Recording" icon for Thurs 15 Jan in either My Upcoming Shows, or the Guide, in either the Web page or the Yahoo Widget. It is showing as a recording with all the correct settings in My Shows. I haven't cancelled the episode recording for Jan 15.

Changing the settings on a recording still seems quite fragile sometimes.

I've left the recording set as it is in case anyone at IceTV would like to investigate.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Did you delete either of the timers from the Wiz?  I found if I did this, it kind of indicates to Interactive "uh, he doesn't want to record this for this week" and then is a frustrating exercise to attempt to get ICE to get that silly icon lit up again (and thus to send a timer to the Wiz).   The only way I found to do it was to choose the already setup series record, and there should be an individual "record" option, and this does the trick.   Also ensure that the show isn't flagged as a repeat and that you haven't setup the series record as "first runs" only (this has got me a few times now!).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 09, 2009, 12:15:26 PM
Did you delete either of the timers from the Wiz?  I found if I did this, it kind of indicates to Interactive "uh, he doesn't want to record this for this week" and then is a frustrating exercise to attempt to get ICE to get that silly icon lit up again (and thus to send a timer to the Wiz).   The only way I found to do it was to choose the already setup series record, and there should be an individual "record" option, and this does the trick.   Also ensure that the show isn't flagged as a repeat and that you haven't setup the series record as "first runs" only (this has got me a few times now!).
Regards
No, I didn't delete the timer on the BW, either. I'm aware of that problem. The recording is set up for first runs and repeats, though Cametti is a new series (and not incorrectly marked as a repeat in IceTV).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Vortical

Ocasionally I have also had timers not get queued and have had to manually queue them the day before they are set to air.
I have been advised by Ice not to expect them to show up as queued for the day when data is getting entered but it should be queued by 5-6 days before the show is set to air.
Unfortunately this doesn't always happen, I'd say 99% of timers are fine it's just one or two every now and then that don't get queued.

There is no pattern to it that I can find, and I don't beleive it's any pvr in particular that is causing the issue, it happens on both my Beyonwiz S1 and the Topfield 7100 devices.

The last one that didn't get picked up was for Top Gear on SBS. On previous ocasions I have had Heroes not become a queued recording.
All my timers are now set to record on the SD channels only.

prl

Quote from: Vortical on January 09, 2009, 12:46:35 PM
There is no pattern to it that I can find, and I don't beleive it's any pvr in particular that is causing the issue, it happens on both my Beyonwiz S1 and the Topfield 7100 devices.
I agree. I think that this is a server side problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Vortical

Quote from: prl on January 09, 2009, 12:50:29 PM
Quote from: Vortical on January 09, 2009, 12:46:35 PM
I agree. I think that this is a server side problem.

Hopefully someone at IceTV can resolve this issue so it's reliability is rock solid.
I'm always having to check my upcoming timer lists to make sure everything is queued.

Vortical

I've got another one that hasn't shown up yet as a queued recording for the program Food Safari
It is due to air next Wednesday 7:30pm on SBS.

Looks like another manual update as I already have timers queued for next Thursday.

I've also noticed in the guide that it's indicating the wrong device to be recorded with.
I've been through this exact problem with IceTV before via email and it looks like it's not resolved.

Trial_Master

I've had similar problems with series recordings not queuing for sometime now. I in fact still have an open ticket although I don't know what's going on with it cause they never reply to my emails.

I'm glad I found this thread because I was led to believe that it was not an issue affecting others.

prl

Quote from: Vortical on January 09, 2009, 02:48:45 PM
I've got another one that hasn't shown up yet as a queued recording for the program Food Safari
It is due to air next Wednesday 7:30pm on SBS.

Looks like another manual update as I already have timers queued for next Thursday.

I've also noticed in the guide that it's indicating the wrong device to be recorded with.
I had a recording go to the wrong device a few weeks ago. When I looked at the recording setup after I saw the H1 do the recording instead of the S1, it looked completely normal, with the S1 set as the recording device.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

wally3218

I've just checked out my upcooming shows on the web site and all are showing the yellow Error label.
But when I check out my TF7100 all timers are set to record.
I havent changed or updated anything and everything has been working great untill now, is there a problem at the IceTv end or has anything been changed on the web site.
Is this a common problem for others or is it just me.

SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

prl

After several days of the recording for Carla Cametti PD staying marked as a series recording in My Shows, but not marked in My Upcoming Shows or in the Guide, I gave up, deleted the recording and re-created it, this time just on SBS SD, and it's now showing as queued in My Upcoming Shows and in the Guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

JPP

Not quite the same problem I think, but for the last 2 days, anything that I have programmed on the ABC has not shown up on either the Widget or Web. The Widget goes shows the circling wheel motion when I click on Record, but no symbol appears against the show. But, when looking at My Shows, the programmes I set to record DO show. And, the timers have appeared on my Wiz, so nothing was lost.

Note that setting recordings on the other channels work OK on the Widget and Web.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

tonymy01

Same thing tonight for "The Office" for me, on TenHD??   The Widget doesn't even think I have a series recording for it (hmm, maybe I did a keyword search because of Ten chopping and changing this between SD and HD all the time in 2008??)
edit:
Yep, just checked.  I set this one up as a keyword record, and the widget doesn't indicate this is recording?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Vortical

I'm not even using the widget guys so I don't think the problem is just with the widget.

tonymy01

I use both the web and widget.   It is just easier to spot the red blobs in the widget as it is always running on my PC.   I am not sure now whether the widget shows any red blobs if it is a keyword search (which can't be done from the widget mind you), but I think it should definitely be indicating a show is going to be recorded to avoid confusion (the wiz actually had my timer uploaded, so my issue could simply be widget not showing keyword search and not really the "ICE fails to upload timers or indicate entry recording in web/widget" issue this thread describes).
Regards
Regards
Tony