IceTV & channel mapping

Started by jillmess, January 08, 2009, 07:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jillmess

I have "QLD regional" selected as my region in my IceTV account, but am unable to get the correct guide info for "my" channel seven to show on the wiz - the correct guide  is "Seven QLD" but what I get in the EPG is "Seven Brisbane".  Timers set using Ice Interactive also need to be set on Seven Brisbane for them to transfer successfully (which can be confusing when what I really want to record is a regional variation).

Conversely I get  WIN QLD in my EPG, when Nine Brisbane is more accurate for my area (neither is completely correct).  Is there any way to incorporate some sort of selectable channel mapping between the wiz and IceTV?

Jill

A_G

Yay, I'm not alone!  :D I have the exact same problem with Seven on my Topfield 7100. At least now I know it's not a problem with the toppy...

Vortical

Quote from: A_G on January 08, 2009, 12:36:26 PM
Yay, I'm not alone!  :D I have the exact same problem with Seven on my Topfield 7100. At least now I know it's not a problem with the toppy...

Are you aware The Topfield 7100 does have channel mapping options and lcn setting options?

Have you tried configuring these to match what is in your area?

A_G

Thanks Vortical for the tip.

I have tried changing the mapping. There is no option to change the LCN for Seven (I think Ten and ABC have alternate LCN's) and I have changed the mapping (OK/Channel List then yellow button) to the regional channels but this doesn't change the guide or solve the recording problem.

Given that the problem is across brands then the assumption would be that the problem lies with Ice somewhere...

Vortical

So Ice isn't catering properly for your area then.

I think you should give them a call.

I presume you have actually set your account on the IceTV website to the correct timezone and region too?
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=showIceguide

prl

I think that jillmess may be the Beyonwiz forum's jillybean. If so, there are more details about her EPG problems here.

If not, then jillybean is having astoundingly similar problems :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jillmess

Quote from: prl on January 08, 2009, 04:45:46 PM
I think that jillmess may be the Beyonwiz forum's jillybean. If so, there are more details about her EPG problems here.

Yep - that's me.  I have spoken to someone at Ice (Marc I think) and my problem does relate to the channel mapping in the Ice info ie. channel seven for me (Wide Bay) is on LCN7 but the correct guide is Seven QLD which is mapped to LCN6 in the Ice settings. 

This is possibly also what is causing your problems (I'm not aware of how the mapping on the TF7100 works - I can only relate to the TF5000 IceEPGLoader TAP mapping.)  Like Vortical says - give them a call. 

At least with the Topfield it sounds like changes can be made to allow you to have selectable mapping for seven - particularly now that the issue is recognised.

A_G

I've had an email support request in since early December but haven't heard anything yet. We are both having exactly the same problem and live in the same area. Were Ice able to fix the problem for you? If yes I will definitely give them a call.

There doesn't appear to be anyway to change the mapping settings other than what I have already done; needs to be done on Ice's end I think. I have just discovered the same trick as you (adding 7 Brisbane to the interactive list) so can now at least record using interactive instead of manual timers.

It's interesting that you think the 9 Brisbane guide is more accurate than WIN's. How so?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

It was me that Jill spoke to.

The biggest problem seems to be that for some reason Seven in Wide Bay is incorrectly broadcasting on LCN 7 instead of the correct regional LCN of 6.

One solution is to add this to our mapping information, and while this will fix the issue for TF7100HDPVRt users (as once there are two LCN options for Seven QLD it will show up under the "LCN Setting" screen of the TF7100HDPVRt), it may or may not for Beyonwiz users, the Beyonwiz may still use Seven Brisbane for LCN 7 and as there is no mapping screen on the Beyonwiz this can't be changed.

We are still working out the best solution atm but will post when we implement something.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

jillmess

Quote from: A_G on January 08, 2009, 07:20:05 PM
It's interesting that you think the 9 Brisbane guide is more accurate than WIN's. How so?

WIN for Wide Bay (& Mackay) is different to other WIN regional from 4:30 to 7:30 pm - our programming in these timeslots is mostly the same as Brisbane (closer than the Ice WIN guide I think).  Some of the daytime(weekday) and late night/early morning Nine Brisbane stuff may be different to WIN but I'm rarely interested in what is on in these timeslots so this doesn't bother me.  For my viewing purposes I have just found using Nine Brisbane suits better.

Jill

A_G

It looks like there may be movement at the station...

I just added a couple of timers for 7 QLD and they were actually sent to the PVR. They came back with errors (don't know what the error is) but at least they are now sending instead of just sitting there not going anywhere.

Still no change to the EPG.

Update: While the guide shows 7 Brisbane instead of the correct 7 Qld, the now and next information appears to be displaying correctly... I will have to try and remember to check tomorrow while the local news is on.

mcpaton

Any chance we can have this fixed? 7 Qld broadcasts in most areas on LCN 7 (not 6) and the Brisbane guides are wrong for the evenings. I have submitted a support request, but had no response.

Regards
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: mcpaton on April 07, 2009, 10:08:12 PM
Any chance we can have this fixed? 7 Qld broadcasts in most areas on LCN 7 (not 6) and the Brisbane guides are wrong for the evenings. I have submitted a support request, but had no response.

Regards

Currently in the guide feed for QLD Regional the channel "Seven QLD" is set with both LCN 6 and LCN 7 as these are the LCN's that this channel broadcasts on. The Beyonwiz should have a way to select between these two options within the machine itself, unfortunately Beyonwiz have never added this feature. The removal of LCN 6 from the channel is not an option as it will break the guide and interactive for people, even doing this as well will not change things as there is no way of specifying "Seven QLD" in the Beyonwiz for LCN 7 as opposed to the "Seven Brisbane" channel that it is currently using, a change to fix this would need to be implemented by Beyonwiz in the form of a channel mapping screen.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

The problem with a channel mapping screen is look at all the problems it causes with the Topfield.    The way the ICEguide works now to the Beyonwiz is perfect, it matches the LCN info in the ICEguide data and it is foolproof.   By having two XML LCN channels for the one guide entry is going to create lots of problems.   Can't you have two queensland regions, and call one of them "Regional Qland Seven=7" and "Regional Qland Seven=6" or something like that, you wouldn't need to create another load of data as what you have said is that you already have the data there.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mcpaton

Quote from: tonymy01 on April 08, 2009, 02:04:18 PM
The problem with a channel mapping screen is look at all the problems it causes with the Topfield.    The way the ICEguide works now to the Beyonwiz is perfect, it matches the LCN info in the ICEguide data and it is foolproof.   By having two XML LCN channels for the one guide entry is going to create lots of problems.   Can't you have two queensland regions, and call one of them "Regional Qland Seven=7" and "Regional Qland Seven=6" or something like that, you wouldn't need to create another load of data as what you have said is that you already have the data there.
Regards

This would be a much better way of doing it. Can this be done please?
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1