Sports Series titling Again!!!!! :( Dakar, Cricket & Tennis

Started by dJOS, December 30, 2008, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch IceGuide

Technically of course you're right. The thinking was that many people don't watch the regular NFL Season, only the Super Bowl, and, would miss it 'hidden' as an episode of NFL. Flawed logic? Perhaps. Will leave as is this time for obvious reasons, but I understand your point. Thanks.

dJOS

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on January 31, 2009, 11:58:06 AM
Technically of course you're right. The thinking was that many people don't watch the regular NFL Season, only the Super Bowl, and, would miss it 'hidden' as an episode of NFL. Flawed logic? Perhaps. Will leave as is this time for obvious reasons, but I understand your point. Thanks.

While I do understand this reasoning it means we have to schedule a series record for the season and with 2009 being in the title again a keyword series record for the superbowl and hope it works every year.

Btw, have you considered using a more generic title for the NFL to represent the Season/Playoffs/Superbowl? (for next season)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dJOS

Mitch, a huge Thankyou to yourself, Marc and the Crew at ICE TV, I just did a search for nascar in my guide and got the following:

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR - Sprint Cup
Sub-Title: "2009 - R1 Budweiser Shootout @ Daytona Raceway"
Description: Each year the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway showcases the best of NASCAR racing and acts as a precursor to the upcoming season. No Sprint Cup points up for grabs here, just 75 adrenaline-filled laps of racing and a hefty purse on offer.

It's music to my eyes, my Media Center and I thank you very much!  ;D

PS. the WRC entry is still using the year tho:

Title: Motor Sport: World Rally Championship 2009
My Home Theatre Project

Mitch IceGuide

You're welcome and I'm sorry it's been such a long wait for you and other NASCAR fans. The World Rally has been changed too. The person compiling SBS Guides is under instructions not to tamper with what SBS send us. However, for you and world harmony - an exception has been made. Cheers.

dJOS

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on February 06, 2009, 03:03:18 AM
You're welcome and I'm sorry it's been such a long wait for you and other NASCAR fans. The World Rally has been changed too. The person compiling SBS Guides is under instructions not to tamper with what SBS send us. However, for you and world harmony - an exception has been made. Cheers.

Thanks Mitch, awesome work.  8)
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Arrrgh, cmon Ice guy's - did you not read this:

Quote from: djos on January 02, 2009, 01:41:14 PM
Btw, one thing that happened on at least 3 occasions last year was Guide entries for Nascar Races being split into 2 sequential entries "saturday race" & "sunday Race" for the one event (usually nationwide race).

This never ever happens, the Saturday race is the Nationwide Series and the Sunday Race is the Sprint Cup Series, both are distinct series just like over here the "V8Supercars Series" isn't the same series as the "Fujitsu V8 Series". the Nascar Nationwide series is the "junior" NASCAR category just like the Fujitsu Series is the Junior V8SC category over here.

Hope this helps, if you would like anymore info please let me know.

PS. there is a ton of great info on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_Series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_Cup_Series

You've gone and done it again:  >:(

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR - Nationwide Series
Subtitle: "2009 - R1 - Camping World 300 at Daytona (Saturday Race)"
It's all happening at Daytona with the the opening and best regarded race of the NASCAR Nationwide Series season. The Camping World 300 presented by Chevrolet is the precursor to the Daytona 500 and is run the day before. (HDTV)
Sun 15 Feb  4:00 AM - 6:00 AM

and

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR - Nationwide Series
Subtitle:"2009 - R1 - Camping World 300 at Daytona (Sunday Race)"
It's all happening at Daytona with the the opening and best regarded race of the NASCAR Nationwide Series season. The Camping World 300 presented by Chevrolet is the precursor to the Daytona 500 and is run the day before. (HDTV)
Sun 15 Feb  6:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Seriously, how hard can it be to get it right when your customers give you an explanation of how it does and doesn't work?  ???

My Home Theatre Project

Mitch IceGuide

I wonder if you have been so vocal with Channel TEN? I just notice they seem to have also advertised the race as Nationwide Series for both days. You know, the tone of this whole thread is nothing I'm interested in. A rather disproportionate amount of staff's time has been spent trying to work NASCAR out. I'm an avid sports' fan and frankly it's got me baffled at times. We're doing our best and it will be much improved on last year. However, any talking down to, or rudeness shall be ignored.

dJOS

Apologies for the tone/rudeness, was too tired to be posting. :(

You are correct, Ch10 have split it into 2 segments but not (Saturday Race) & (Sunday Race).

Logic suggests (by looking at the race schedule) that this is a single event - For some reason ch10 seem to split long events that start before 6am into 2, I'd suggest this is just one of their EPG system quirks. (If you look at the Sprint cup the following day you will see it starts at 6am and ends at 11:30am.)

PS. if I posted on CH10's forum (which I dont) I would have still expressed my frustration for this too.
My Home Theatre Project

blacklung

awwww - was excited when i saw interactive show probowl to be recorded yesterday at 10am on 10HD.
Last nite i fastforwarded thru 4 hours of crap - no probowl :(
Probably no fault of IceTv, anyone know where i can see what ten broadcast yesterday at that time on SD?

I can't find any guides that keep a day or two into the past.
(Is that something IceTv would consider, would help us figure out what we missed and to keep an eye out in the furture)

Mitch IceGuide

The 'post telecast schedule' you're referring to would be handy at times I agree. The TV Channels won't release that information even to their 'friends' (which IceTV definitely don't seem to be). This would provide official proof of their disregard for viewers and advertisers. So, the only way this can be done is if someone actually watches and notes each and every time. As I said, good idea, but we don't have the staff to commit to that.

Late posting is always a danger but apology accepted - thanks. I definitely did see TEN advertising this as a Sat / Sun event. You're right about them splitting pre-6am events into two as an EPG quirk, and this is usually quite clear. In this case 4-6 and 6-8 are actually named differently. Ok, so I'm going to take your word for it that this is but one race and all on the same day. 'How hard can it be'? Not hard, just confusing with varying information out there. A 4 hour race? Obviously the 300 doesn't stand for metres.

dJOS

Lol, yep 300 = 300 miles (or 480Km's) + the first 30mins -> hour is frequently the pre-race show (aka talk fest).

Btw, the schedule I was reffering too is the NASCAR event schedule - while it doesn't line up perfectly most of the time with the aussie broadcast schedule it does at least provide a guide to the number of actual race events on a given weekend.
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Hi Guy's, just wondering what is with the R2 & R3 designations in the NASCAR subtitles? eg

2009 - R2 Stater Bros 300 @ Auto Club

2009 - R3 Auto Club 500 (Qualifying)

Assuming the "R" designation means "Race" and the number, R3 for the sprint cup is incorrect, the "Duels" from Daytona were only qualifying races, not true Race's in their own right.

Cheers djOS
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Guy's is TEN playing silly buggers with NASCAR Sprint Cup Race timeslots?

I've only gotten the practice and/or qualifying Sessions for the last 2 weeks and im not amused (@ Ten) - is their any way you guy's can track what they are up too a little better? (Nationwide series has been fine) Thank God for the highlights but it's not the same thing. :(

Btw, you guys still have the R# incorrect for Sprint Cup, the last race (Shelby 427) was Race 3, NOT the "Auto Club 500". Race 4 will be the "Kobalt Tools 500".
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

So i've been keeping an eye on the TEN's own HD guide and as I suspected TEN are playing stupid games with NASCAR Sprint Cup and the 1st showing of the race from last weekend is todays highlights package! >:(

looks like the bloody golf is partly responsible - not happy. >:(

My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Arrrrrgh, just to add insult to injury, ten didn't play the sprint cup highlights package today as they had been indicating(and ice too) - I'm really pissed off at ten, they and the other browlsdcasters should be sued for false advertising via the tpa!

I'd do it myself if I could afford it!

Ps, sorry for mistakes, on iPhone waiting for naked DSL swith over.
My Home Theatre Project