LCN SETTINGS

Started by Vortical, December 14, 2008, 12:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

Is there any reason why no instructions are shown in relation to IceTV lcn settings on the IceTv website

It seems to be confusing quite a few new customers when they don't get all their timers because they havn't configured the lcn settings

Vortical

Quote4. Setup the IceTV EPG (TV Guide)

1. Open the setup screen by pressing the "Menu" button and then "System Setting" on the remote control.
   2. Scroll down and select "EPG Setting" by pressing "OK".
   3. Select "IceTV" as the EPG Type using the "OK" button.
   4. Select "ID" and press "OK", then type in your IceTV Username using the on-screen keyboard. When finished select "Save" (Blue Button) to save.
   5. Select "Password" and press "OK", then type in your IceTV Password using the on-screen keyboard. When finished select "Save" (Blue Button) to save.
   6. The "Device Type" should be downloaded from the server and list the Interactive devices you have setup on your account, if you have more than one device you will need to use the left and right arrow keys on the remote to choose between the available options, if you have just one device setup then you can leave this at the default setting.
   7. You should now be able to test your connection by pressing the red button on your remote control ("Test Connection"). This will test communication with the IceTV server and inform you if successful or not. If unsuccessful then ensure your Topfield is connected to your home network and also that the IceTV Username and Password settings are correct.

You have now successfully completed IceTV's setup procedure for the Topfield TF7100HDPVt.

Above is the current setup procedure

After Step 7 there should be another note that once IceTV EPG has been received owners should go into the epg settings once again and open up the lcn settings screen and correct any channel numbers that are not labelled incorrectly for their location or something to that effect.

grahford

It confuses me because I don't know what they are or what I should be doing with them?

Vortical

I've ended up creating a special set of instructions on the Itopfield forum

For those interested please follow this link
http://forum.itopfield.com.au/Topic12774-63-1.aspx

ddre78

Thanks Vortical.

Unfortunately the LCN issue just makes no sense since the there is no consistency with the LCNs.

A few days ago my 7100 started recording the wrong chans, the name was correct but the chan it was recording was incorrect. I assume this had something to do with the changes to Chan 10/ONE.

So I wiped my 7100 back to default and setup again. This time, in stead of having at least 7-8 LCNs listed I only have 1, ABC1. I'm also not able to get all my timers back onto the device.
So this morning I started the whole process again, and again, only 1 LCN.

Ive given up on the 7100, its total crap, but I need to get it going again so I can record the shows I need before I go out and get a real PVR, Beyonwiz etc.

Vortical

It will only list Channels where multiple LCN's exist in your region.

I recently (last Saturday) did a full factory resetand rescan due to SBS and Ten changes and I had about 6 or 7 show up still but I'm in Metro WA.

I must admit it does sound odd that your only getting one to show up.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: ddre78 on February 18, 2009, 12:05:27 PM
Thanks Vortical.

Unfortunately the LCN issue just makes no sense since the there is no consistency with the LCNs.

A few days ago my 7100 started recording the wrong chans, the name was correct but the chan it was recording was incorrect. I assume this had something to do with the changes to Chan 10/ONE.

So I wiped my 7100 back to default and setup again. This time, in stead of having at least 7-8 LCNs listed I only have 1, ABC1. I'm also not able to get all my timers back onto the device.
So this morning I started the whole process again, and again, only 1 LCN.

Ive given up on the 7100, its total crap, but I need to get it going again so I can record the shows I need before I go out and get a real PVR, Beyonwiz etc.

I just checked and it looks like your in Melbourne, this would then make sense, the Melbourne region used to have all the regional LCN's listed in the guide feed, now that VIC Regional is available this is no longer required and they have been removed, and also Ten HD is not available twice so that has removed one of the remaining options being Ten HD. So there is now only one channel left that is available on multiple LCN's, this being ABC1.

As for recordings, if you reset the Topfield to defaults and entered your details again this will not automatically send down the timers again, but we do have a facility to do this, from the My Account section of the IceTV website select "Interactive" on the left hand side and then in the devices section there is an option to "Re-send all recordings", once done all of the recordings on the website will be marked to be re-send during the next update.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ddre78

Thanks for the prompt reply Daniel.

I did resend all the recordings yesterday, and ive done it again today after setting up the 7100 again. At least I know 1 LCN is correct.

Some of the recordings have made it to the device, others haven't, I cant really see a pattern.

It would be great if we had access to the server logs for our accounts, a lot of us would be able to diagnose our own issues without bugging support.

SirDelton

LCN Setting are still very confussing  :o to me.
I've not been able to get IceTV to work correctly so I've gone back to the normal EPG setting.

My Question is....
How do I know what the LCN setting should be?
I'm in Gladstone, QLD and I have tried both the QLD Regional & Central Coast(Which I'm sure isn't correct...) but the program guide is wrong or in most cases doesn't show up on the program guide.

I've been able to setup a FTP server & transfer recorded programs to my computer.
But I've not been able to get IceTV to record anything from the internet site.

I know these a different issues but I've downloaded all the help files on IceTV site which I've found are wrong or haven't been updated.
Example is the #1 Setup the IceTV Interactive Device

In the instruction it askes for your "NAME" on my unit it only askes for ID (Which I'm guessing is the System ID not what you want to call it as in the IceTV instructions.

Loader Ver LO.48
Device Ver V1.0.01
App Ver V1.11.32
Last up dated Feb 6 2009
(All Factory setup as the unit isn't a week old)

Blathuder

This whole set up thing is frustrating the hell out of me. Why is it so hard? The Tf7100 instructions are useless, the firmware is full of bugs, some basic explanation of what LCN even stands for would be good and even getting the thing to do a ping test is fraught with danger. Should have bought the Beyonwiz or done as my mate told me to do and set up a media centre with a HD TV card in it. Im with you ddre.

SteveGee

Quote from: Vortical on January 04, 2009, 05:18:59 PMI've ended up creating a special set of instructions on the Itopfield forum

For those interested please follow this link
http://forum.itopfield.com.au/Topic12774-63-1.aspx
I cannot seem to access that forum, Could you please repost them here ?

Many thanks.

Vortical

Unfortunately I didn't envisage the forum getting taken offline.

I don't have a copy handy so hopefully if someone else has copied and pasted from the itopfield forum before it went down could help by reposting it here.

I'll have a double check at home but I'm pretty sure I only ever posted it on itopfield and didn't have a digital copy anywhere else.

SteveGee

Thanks,

I am having no end of issues with scanning my 7100  ???

I suspect that my ignorance is partly the problem, having said that, IceTV, Topfield forum (not there) or RTFM isn't helping at all !!

WTF is a LCN, and is that why I'm having troubles recording shows ?

As an example, if I wanted to record something on GO!, IceTV shows the channel as "GO!".

What "number" should it be on my Toppy 7100 ? Same with all the other channels, is there a "conversion chart" somewhere in cyberspace ?

Thankyou.

Vortical

The LCN is basically the number of the Channel (LCN = Logical Channel Number)
ie Channel 9 SD is LCN 9

The Problem is in each state there are Regional and Metro LCN's for the same Channel.
ie GO! Metro is LCN 99 and GO! Regional is LCN 88

Both shouldn't exist on you pvr unless maybe you are right on the Metro/Regional Border.

Also you can set you LCN's through the IceTV account settings Webpage, just make sure they correspond to the correct LCN's you have on the pvr.

Here is the Wikipedia page about LCN's if you wish to research further.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_channel_number

A_G

Going with Vortical's example, GO! should default to the same as whatever Nine/WIN has scanned as. So for WIN it would be 88 or Nine in Brisbane would be 99. Both options appear on the LCN settings page on the TF7100 so you can pick and change as necessary.

You shouldn't need to change the LCN settings on the IceTV setup page however I have set all mine to the same as my PVR as I was having some issues when the new interactive rolled out. Setting the LCNs here does not change your PVR, it just makes sure they are both aligned.

You generally shouldn't need to worry about LCNs but in regional areas you may need to pick your channel number. My initial problems recording on GO! were LCN related.