ABC News - can the late edition have a different name

Started by OzRob, December 09, 2008, 01:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzRob

I have my Vista Media Centre set up to record the ABC News every night as a series recording. I have it set to only keep the last recording (cause I only record it in case I get home late, but only ever want to watch it on the day or delete it). The trouble is that the Ice Guide has the 5 minute late edition of the news at 10:25pm listed with the same name. So if I don't get around to watching the news until late, I sometimes only get the short version.

I have tried tweaking the series recording settings, but no matter which settings I change I can't get it to work reliably. It still occasionally wants to record the late edition.

Would it be possible to have the later bulletin listed as something like "ABC News - Late Edition" so it doesn't mistakenly trigger the series recording?

twitch

So it's your fault all my timers for the 7pm ABS news disappeared yesterday, LOL.  ;)

Trial_Master

Great! Now the 7pm edition is marked Late Edition too :-\

prl

Quote from: Trial_Master on December 11, 2008, 02:20:41 PM
Great! Now the 7pm edition is marked Late Edition too :-\

Fixed now on both the Web page and the Yahoo widget.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

OzRob

Pheeeewww. Glad they fixed the 7pm bulletin title. I thought I might've been lynched there for a while   :-[.

Anyhoo, thanks for making the change to the late bulletin. Life just got easier  ;D.

hcornea

The 7pm Bulletin title for Melbourne is STILL listed as ABC News:Late Edition.

Just checked having DLed the guide again on my Vista Media Centre and on my iPhone too.

Can this please be fixed?

BTW - I support the renaming of the 5 minute late bulletin.  But not my 7pm News!!

Thankyou

twitch

OzRob

One more on this. On the weekends there is a 5 minute bulletin at 8:30 listed as "ABC News". Could this be renamed "ABC News Update"?

Madeleine IceGuide

We'll see what we can do. It may get unnecessarily confusing for our schedulers having three or more versions of ABC News but we will endeavour to have only the regular 30 minute bulletin at 7pm scheduled as "ABC News".

OzRob

Thanks for that. By the way, update is one word, not hyphenated like up-date  ;D