Timer Padding & Joining schedules

Started by wimpy, December 08, 2008, 10:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Quote from: jillmess on August 13, 2009, 07:07:01 AM
Quote from: csutak40 on August 12, 2009, 04:53:25 PM
Not always.  I have two timers set for tonight (on MCE) for the two Law & Order shows.  At least one of them should be marked with
Are you sure?  My tv card (single tuner) allows me to record consecutive shows, with full padding on all, and saves them as individual recordings ie. last night I recorded Spicks & Specks, The Librarians, and United States of Tara - on my hard drive I have 3 recordings, all with full pre and post padding.  Even though it is a single tuner, it also allows recording of concurrent/overlapping shows as long as they are on the same mux - I regularly record ABC1 & ABC2 concurrent/consecutive shows.

I don't have MCE so don't use Interactive to set my PC timers (I use DVScheduler) but I can't see that this should make any difference.

Jill

I haven't tried for a long time, but at best, it used to stop at the advertised end of one show to start recording the next.  If you were lucky, this happened during the commercial, if unlucky, (at best) you may lose a couple of seconds, possibly missing just the word the...... did it.  :) at the beginning of the next recording.  For quite a while now, I simply change the finishing time manually.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

peterparkinson

How come Icetv have not addressed this issue, we are PAYING customers and Im getting sick of missing the ends of the shows becuase we cannot join two programs on one channel.. so what happening here icetv? are you goiung to adress it??

regards pete

prl

Quote from: peterparkinson on June 06, 2010, 07:50:40 PM
How come Icetv have not addressed this issue, we are PAYING customers and Im getting sick of missing the ends of the shows becuase we cannot join two programs on one channel.. so what happening here icetv? are you goiung to adress it??

regards pete

I don't know what PVR you're referring to, but on Beyonwiz recorders, the "missing" end of the first show is recorded, at the beginning of the second recording. There is a short interruption, less than a second, if the two recordings are played in the one session, but the end is there.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grahford

Quote from: prl on June 06, 2010, 10:17:51 PM
I don't know what PVR you're referring to, but on Beyonwiz recorders, the "missing" end of the first show is recorded, at the beginning of the second recording. There is a short interruption, less than a second, if the two recordings are played in the one session, but the end is there.

My problem with this system is if you watch the recordings out of date order you can end up ruining a show because the first thing that pops up is the end of another show you may not have watched yet.  It's surprising how often this happens in my household, even when wildly stabbing at the skip forward button.

Another problem is if you watch out of recorded order you sometimes delete a show on completion not realising the end of another show is at the beginning.  Especially when one show has been taped for one person, and another for a different person.  

Even after all this time this still bugs me.  I would still prefer the option of joining consecutive programs into a single file with all show names as the title.  That's the system I ended up using when I used to manually set the timers and it was far less annoying then keeping track of where the last 5 mins of a show lived.