Recording Timings Disappearing

Started by A_G, December 01, 2008, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_G

I have had a few problems with Ice (one channel not mapping correctly, recordings not going over to PVR and having to resend etc.) but a new one today is that changes I have made (either on the PVR or on Ice) are  being deleted. For example, ABC News was set as a series record but today has disappeared. Reset it in Ice and it keeps disappearing. I also added a record on the PVR but (which showed in the timers list) but it too was deleted (didn't show on Ice and gone from the timers list).

Anyone else had anything similar?

mjy78

Yeah I've experienced something similar with ABC News. I've posted on the itopfield forum already regarding this, but I'll quote what I wrote there here...

I've recently upgraded to the latest firmware (20090112). I performed a factory reset before and after doing the upgrade, and I'm using the wireless network with static IP details. I use an IceTV subscription for the EPG.

Everything seems to be working well, except programs that I have scheduled via IceTV for Channel 10 and ABC1 (2) do not record. All other scheduled recordings on the other channels seem to work fine. On the ABC I have scheduled the nightly news at 7pm for every night, and NCS on channel 10 on Tues nights. In both cases the toppy never comes out of standby for these recordings. It does come out of standby fine for recordings on other channels.

The one commonality I've noticed with ABC1 and Ten is that they are the only channels that are listed in the LCN setting under the EPG settings on the toppy. Ie. ABC1 can be either 2 or 21 and Ten can be 1 or 12. Is it possible there is some kind of bug with scheduled recordings and the LCN settings?

My LCN settings were 2 (for ABC1) and 1 (for Ten). This evening I've changed them to 21 and 10 respecitively, so I'll see if this makes a difference tomorrow I guess.

The next thing after that I'm going to try (if it's possible) is to remove channels 1 and 2 completely so that there is only a single channel for ABC1 (21) and one for 10 (10). Maybe then the recordings will work.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I'm located in Brisbane and my IceTV regional settings are set to Brisbane as well.

kadybee

I've had similar issues and think I may have just resolved it - whether this works for you or not.

I found that the IceTV system generated Recommendations were reserving time slots in the Interactive interface.  I turned off that feature and all seems well.

In my example, I'm on the Gold Coast and pick up local and Brisbane stations;  I had NCIS set to record on SC Ten.  IceTV had generated a 'recommendation' for the same show on TEN Brisbane and TEN Brisbane HD.  I couldn't get Doctor Who to record at the same time on ABC  - missed the episode last week :-(

It appears that the 'recommendations' reserve the time slot for the second program, not allowing another recording in that slot!

Perhaps someone could check that on their account as well.

Klaus

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: kadybee on January 30, 2009, 01:55:04 PM
I've had similar issues and think I may have just resolved it - whether this works for you or not.

I found that the IceTV system generated Recommendations were reserving time slots in the Interactive interface.  I turned off that feature and all seems well.

In my example, I'm on the Gold Coast and pick up local and Brisbane stations;  I had NCIS set to record on SC Ten.  IceTV had generated a 'recommendation' for the same show on TEN Brisbane and TEN Brisbane HD.  I couldn't get Doctor Who to record at the same time on ABC  - missed the episode last week :-(

It appears that the 'recommendations' reserve the time slot for the second program, not allowing another recording in that slot!

Perhaps someone could check that on their account as well.

Klaus

This is definitely not the case, recommendations will not get recorded or scheduled to record automatically. The problem that you had with Doctor Who was that your series recording for Doctor Who was set for First Runs only and then last weeks episode (along with this weeks) are both repeats.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

kadybee

Doh!  Would be the appropriate response!

Thanks

prl

I think there are going to be three more new specials with David Tennant as the Doctor before the new series starts in 2010 with the new Doctor, Matt Smith, who will be teleported in from Party Animals :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jaspa

I have noticed the following with my upcoming recordings and just wanted to pass this on.

If my recoding for today are marked as queued in "My Upcoming Shows" and should have already be pulled by the toppy, I simple switch it off (Standby) and wait a minute or so, and switch it back on. Then after a few more minutes all my queued shows are now set to record both in Interactive and the toppy (Menu - Timer settings).

I have had to do this only a couple of times but it seems to work each time.

Gordon