Graham Kennedy on Thursday

Started by csutak40, November 25, 2008, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Just saw an ad on Nein (Melbourne), that they will show a special about Graham Kennedy on Thursday at 9.45pm.  Just looked it up in yourtv, seems it is a repeat.  However, they won't be showing RPA.  I suppose if there is an ad on TV, it should be public knowledge enough?  ???
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Madeleine IceGuide

Scheduling information that comes from watching live TV is acceptable.

Thanks for letting us know. 

Kirben

If scheduling information from live TV is acceptable, then why doesn't IceTV constantly record channel Nine, to help track scheduling changes? using the skip option offered by most devices, to quickly scan for promos during commercial breaks and at the end of TV shows only.

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi Kirben

The information must come from watching a live broadcast, which precludes us from doing what you have suggested. So, for example, "I was watching 9 and I just saw an ad for X" is information we can use but "I taped 9 and just watched it back and saw an ad for X" is not.

We do make a concerted effort to watch and keep track of live promos on Channel Nine and to incorporate this information into the schedule. (eg. Thursday night is the regular night for RPA and the season final has been heavily promoted for tonight in Sydney. Until informed otherwise, we scheduled it as usual in all states.) This is why we recommend subscribers update their guide regularly to receive the latest scheduling info on Channel Nine and affiliates.

Cheers