Fringe or The Mentalist on Wednesday night

Started by Andy, October 20, 2008, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi Ice,

Are you sure that Wednesday night is The Mentalist in the Fringe slot.

It's funny because while I've read that it's moving to Wednesday a lot of guides are still reporting Fringe on Wednesday.

If it is The Mentalist then do you know what's happened to Fringe as I was quite enjoying it.

All the best,

Andy

tonymy01

Wow, where have you been?:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/10/gone-fringe.html
http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=71017
Stupid Nein with their stupid programming decisions, again.   They could have bumped it to HD only or late night, but no, they decide to piss off more people!
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Madeleine IceGuide

The Mentalist has moved to Wednesday night at 8.30pm, replacing Fringe.

Some other guides may not have caught up yet but this change has been promoted on-air so, for now at least, Fringe is not being shown.

Unfortunately, we have no information on when it will return.

Andy

Thanks Madeleine,

Nice to see Ice is ahead of the TV guides with come with the weekend paper and  think even The Guide with yesterday's SMH was wrong.

Watched Sunday's Mentalist last night so I can see you guys had it right all along.

Re. Fringe, it's hilarious that in getting a new series and then pulling it after a few episode instead of shifting to a later slot in effect people have to find other ways to get hold of the programme if they want to see it. Isn't that going against everything they're trying to stop happening. I guess when you add that to the obvious issues with Nine's guide information and they're really shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to attracting people to watch their adverts.

All the best,

Andy

futzle

Quote from: Andy on October 21, 2008, 10:33:39 AM
Re. Fringe, it's hilarious that in getting a new series and then pulling it after a few episode instead of shifting to a later slot in effect people have to find other ways to get hold of the programme if they want to see it. Isn't that going against everything they're trying to stop happening.

It might just be that they are out of episodes of Fringe for the moment.  Take a look at Fringe's US schedule on Epguides:
http://epguides.com/Fringe/
This on-again-off-again scheduling is quite common in North America.  They slot in repeat episodes during the off weeks.  I always wondered how these so-called fast-tracked shows are going to cope with this in Australia.  Seems that Nine's way is to push another show in its place.

Of course, it may not be so innocuous.  If Fringe doesn't return in a few weeks, then you are entitled to say "I told you so".

Madeleine IceGuide

For those that are interested, the return of Fringe has been advertised by 9. It's scheduled for 9.30pm next Monday 1st December and will presumably keep running throughout Summer.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Madeleine,

I saw it in the Ice Guide and I guess that's the nice thing about a media centre with an EPG - it was already set to record :)

All the best,

Andy