NASCAR for 2009?

Started by dJOS, November 17, 2008, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Ok Ice Guy's, the NASCAR fans suffered through an entire season without the ability to set "Series Recordings" for the 2 NASCAR series (over 40 Races!!!) - my question is, can you please, please fix it before the 2009 season?

FWIW, here is how the 2 NASCAR series need to be configured to render them "Series Recording" freindly:

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR Nationwide Series
Subtitle:  2008 Camping World 300 at Daytona International Speedway
Description: NASCAR Nationwide Series for 2008 starts in Daytona for the Camping World 300.

and

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Subtitle: 2008 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway
Description: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for 2008 starts with the classic Daytona 500.

TenHD also play weekly "highlights packages", can I suggest that you make these 2 totally different series (eg "Motor Sport: NASCAR Nationwide Series - Highlights") because some races aren't shown that weekend so the highlights package the next week is in fact the 1st showing of that race?
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Marc

Possibly relevant note: We now have Keyword recording.

This might help in cases where you're not happy with the way series recordings are linked. Creating a Keyword record for [nascar -2008] will record everything with "nascar" in the title or description, but will remove things that also have "2008" in the title or description.

Keyword recording also has an option for quality. "Standard Definition" will record standard def only, but "Prefer High Definition" will record HD if the show is being broadcast to SD and HD, or SD if it's only on the SD channel.

dJOS

Thanks Marc but I'll take properly setup guide data over work-arounds every day of the week - I tinkered with using keywords on my Vista Media Center but I was getting everything with NASCAR in it (inc highlights & speedweek on SBS) when I Only wanted the first runs of the NASCAR Nationwide & NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (2+ hour races in HD take up a lot of room!).

In the end I manually set each show that I wanted to avoid filling my HDD with stuff I didn't want.

After all, the whole point of Ice Guide is series recording - that's the real reason Nein is suing Ice (well that and the fact that they are techno-saurs and inherently stupid!)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Marc

Quote from: djos on November 17, 2008, 06:50:52 PMThanks Marc but I'll take properly setup guide data over work-arounds every day of the week
Agree. Was just pointing out that this time around you might have a few different options (of varying success).