Favourite v Record

Started by ddre78, November 16, 2008, 02:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddre78

Hi all,

Just picked up a TF7100HD, so far seems to be good.

What im not really sure about is what is the difference between marking an item for record or marking it as a favorite? Particularly around keyword searches. I have a keyword item that I know exists in the next 7 days so I marked it as a favorite to see what happens but it doesn't really do anything, certainly doesn't flag that show to record. So what is the point of the favorite?

Cheers.

prl

Quote from: ddre78 on November 16, 2008, 02:29:26 PM
Hi all,

Just picked up a TF7100HD, so far seems to be good.

What im not really sure about is what is the difference between marking an item for record or marking it as a favorite? Particularly around keyword searches. I have a keyword item that I know exists in the next 7 days so I marked it as a favorite to see what happens but it doesn't really do anything, certainly doesn't flag that show to record. So what is the point of the favorite?

Cheers.
A favorite will simply mark the show as one you are interested in, and if it is a series, for example, if the series returns it will show up in your Upcoming Shows again. That will also mean it will appear in your RSS feed if you use it.

Favourites and recordings are both also used as inputs to Recommendations, though I've been a bit underwhelmed by IceTV Recommendations.

Favourites aren't ment to get recorded.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Marc

Prl is 100% correct. Favourites are just shows of interest that you want to keep an eye on (be it a favourite or a keyword favourite).

And Prl, don't worry: Recommendations are getting worked on!

j s

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 17, 2008, 12:16:16 AMAnd Prl, don't worry: Recommendations are getting worked on!
Perhaps some sort of "Thumbs up", "Thumbs down" system (ala Tivo) to build a personalised profile?

prl

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 17, 2008, 12:16:16 AM
Marc, sorry I missed that (after all my grumbling). It's great news!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Marc

Quote from: prl on December 06, 2008, 06:38:25 PM
Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 17, 2008, 12:16:16 AM
Marc, sorry I missed that (after all my grumbling). It's great news!
Some work has been done already, with more to come.