Incorrect Filenames and Timer Settings (no program name)

Started by nigelb, September 24, 2008, 11:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigelb

Hi,
I recently upgraded from a Toppy 5k unit to a 7100. I had no issues with the 5k. I am having a couple of issues with the 7100;
When recording programmes the toppy filenames are not correct. As an example if I record “wire in the blood” then all the following programmes on the same channel will also be named “wire in the blood (1) (2) (3)” etc â€" the programme could actually be “Hollowmen” etc.

I have reformatted the HDD and the issue is then resolved for a few days.
Has anyone else had the same problem? Is there a fix?

Also, when I view timer settings the displayed data does not include the programme name (I know others have mentioned this problem and it’s a Topfield issue). Has anyone had any positive feedback regarding a fix?

Big thanks, N.
App. V1.11.01
Last up date Jul 31 2008-09-24
Device Version V0.9.99

ziutek

Quote from: nigelb on September 24, 2008, 11:42:47 PM
Hi,
I recently upgraded from a Toppy 5k unit to a 7100. I had no issues with the 5k. I am having a couple of issues with the 7100;
When recording programmes the toppy filenames are not correct. As an example if I record “wire in the blood” then all the following programmes on the same channel will also be named “wire in the blood (1) (2) (3)” etc â€" the programme could actually be “Hollowmen” etc.

I have reformatted the HDD and the issue is then resolved for a few days.
Has anyone else had the same problem? Is there a fix?

Also, when I view timer settings the displayed data does not include the programme name (I know others have mentioned this problem and it’s a Topfield issue). Has anyone had any positive feedback regarding a fix?

I have exactly the same issues. Filenames are OK for a few days, then next few are stuck with one name and then back OK.
Every a few days my EPG listing is empty while EPG is turned to Ice. Air is always fine. I haven't tried to fix such issues, they're dissappearing every few days just by theirself. I reckon we have to wait for next FW release.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Topfield TF7100HDPVRt firmware released.

More information available in our new section at http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=221
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

deangelj

I'm using the latest firmware released last night.

Today I reloaded the firmware and resent all  recordings from the icetv site. All timers were received ok except for one which has no timer name (Heroes, tonight 2130 7HD). All that I can think of that may have impacted it was that I have a series recording for it, and I deleted a second recording for the same show which is scheduled to run on the same night. I did this on the icetv interactive epg.

Is this a bug in the topfield firmware or the icetv data?

cheers,
John

Daniel Hall at IceTV

In general if a program name is not listed under the timers screen on the Topfield it is because when the timer details were download and the Topfield then setup the timer for some reason it could not connect this timer to an entry in the EPG, if the guide itself was there at the time then it sounds like a bug in the firmware that will need to be checked out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.